9| this is my limit

song: can't you see me? –tomorrow by together

9| this is my limit

taehyun was standing outside the most lavish restaurant he had ever seen. pierre gagnaire à séoul. 

even a bottle of water would cost me a fortune. 

"good morning taehyun-ssi," the guards bowed in acknowledgement. or at least the guards that belonged to beomgyu did. 

"is young master inside?" taehyun asked. 

"yes sir, he's inside with young master kim. is there a problem sir?" 

taehyun shook his head, "not at all. i'll just be heading in. thank you mark." 

i guess the news hasn't reached yet. 

taehyun silently pushed open the door as he replaced the guard who was present with beomgyu, the guard hearing from mark about taehyun's presence through his in-ear. 

"jackson, can you tell the waiter to bring some wine please?" beomgyu asked sweetly, his words for the previous guard, as he continued to look at mingyu. 

taehyun scoffed under his breath, watching the two smile at each other as mingyu sliced the steak and placed it on beomgyu's plate. 

"i'll inform them right away young master," taehyun's distinct voice was followed by cutlery falling onto a plate. 

"beomgyu are you okay?" mingyu's concerned voice faded as taehyun walked away, each step weighing like a dozen bricks. 

beomgyu's heart stopped the moment he heard him. he could never forget how smooth and velvety taehyun's voice is. 

beomgyu's traitorous eyes peeked to where taehyun was standing rigidly, the man's strong gaze fixated on none other than himself, as the waiter poured the wine. their eyes met, the fire in beomgyu's meeting the icy steel wall in taehyun's that hid all of the bodyguard's emotion. 

huh you still don't want to tell me how you feel kang taehyun? let me give you a taste of your own medicine. 

"should we do a couple shot mingyu-ssi?" beomgyu asked as he slowly walked towards the other end of the table where mingyu was seated. 

"didn't i tell you to call me hyung?" mingyu grinned as he raised his glass. 

"hyung~" beomgyu drawled as he leaned against the table right in front of mingyu who was now standing. their arms twisted with each other's, their faces getting closer as they brought their lips to their wine glasses. 

taehyun's fingers tightened around his walkie-talkie, annoyed at beomgyu's flirtatious antics. he just watched as mingyu casually placed his palm on beomgyu's exposed waist. he watched beomgyu lips get redder and redder as the boy sipped the wine, sucking mingyu in with his charms. 

taehyun was pissed, because all he could do was watch. 

"hyung you should eat properly, there's something there," beomgyu pointed to the corner of mingyu's lips. 

chuckling, mingyu winked, "why don't you wipe it for me?" 

"i'm sorry we have to cut the date short, but his presence has been requested immediately," taehyun cut in, tugging beomgyu towards himself. 

"are all your bodyguards this intrusive beomgyu?" mingyu raised an eyebrow, looking straight into taehyun's eyes, challenging the bodyguard's stare. 

"as long as he's in my care, with all due respect, i'll perform my duties with no exceptions towards anything or anyone. have a good day ahead, young master kim," taehyun spoke curtly.  

"you aren't in my security detail anymore, why did you show up?" beomgyu struggled out taehyun's hold, taking a few steps back, creating a distance between himself and taehyun. 

both of them had made it back to beomgyu's place intact, surprisingly with how fast taehyun sped on the roads. 

"the official fax for my dismissal hasn't come through, young master. until then, i'm still obligated to protect you," taehyun uttered, looking straight into beomgyu's eyes. 

beomgyu's fingers trembled slightly, but he willed himself to meet taehyun's stare without revealing the storm of emotions raging within himself. 

how the tables have turned? i'm hiding my emotions from him now. 

"why did you come there kang taehyun?" beomgyu asked, trying to keep his voice from wavering. 

the silence was deafening, beomgyu could only hear the violent beating of his heart. time ticked as he waited for taehyun to reply, slight nervousness creeping up on him, as the bodyguard remained quiet. for once, beomgyu could visibly see taehyun struggling to answer him, the wheels in his mind turning. 

afterall, his bodyguard did have a knack for talking back to him. 

"stop that," taehyun whispered. 

beomgyu's eyes flickered back up. "stop what?" 

"stop biting your lips," taehyun replied instantly. 

slap

taehyun's face swung to the right, his left cheek stinging from the impact of beomgyu's palm. beomgyu's hands fisted taehyun's collar, forcing the younger to look into his eyes. 

"you- you don't get to do this to me," beomgyu whispered. his eyes were glassy, as he forced himself not to cry but without his permission, a small tear escaped his eye, staining his cheek. 

"'i'm sorry," taehyun apologised immediately, as he cupped beomgyu's cheek, wiping away his tears. 

beomgyu pushed taehyun away, he could only endure so much. he was tired. 

"you have no right to act jealous when you established a boundary between us. you have no right to keeping pushing me away just to pull me back when you feel like it. you have no right to act like high and mighty when you talk shit about me behind my back. so leave while i'm asking you nicely," beomgyu yelled, tears now running uncontrollably down his face, before running up this room and slamming the door shut. 

taehyun slammed his hand on the coffee table, not caring about the shards that lodged into his fist. 

17/11/2004.

"i'll never make you cry beommie~" 

" you pwomise?" 

"i promise." 

taehyun growled as the memory of them when they were children replayed in his mind. 

i hate myself for making you cry.

–L