13

1/10
I woke up to see a pair of weirdly familiar eyes on me. I sat up to the best of my ability.
"Hi, you must be my mom," I said.
"Jayce!" My mom cheered.
She then gave me a big bear hug.
"You must be my uncle?"
"Okay, so there is Leo, Max, and you two. Whose number five?"
Suddenly a familiar red hair and ice blue-eyed, skinny figure walked up behind them.
"Hi, Shea..."
Anger came over me, and I got up with the help of a nearby tree, and I threw myself. I right-hooked Nolan.
"Jayce!" The adults chastised.
I army crawled back to my bed. Leo punched Nolan. My dad grabbed Leo, and Max then kicked Nolan in the stomach.
"Anarchy!" Max screamed.
My mom got in between Nolan and us. Uncle Danny got in front of Max.
"Someone explain what the hell is going on!" My mom demanded."
"The person you hired to protect my sister broke her heart," Leo explained.
He tried to get past my dad.
"Okay, that explains you two...Max, what the hell?"
"I don't know; I was bored," Max responded.
We all facepalmed.
"I kinda deserve this!" Nolan said.
Paige sat next to me.
"I might have a concussion, but tell me I wasn't that dumb to save his ass," I said.
"Yep," Paige responded.
I turned and screamed into my sister's shoulder.
"Let it out." Paige said." Was he the guy you loved?"
"Yep!" I responded.
"OH, HELL NO!"
When my mom walked away, Paige ran up to Nolan. Who at the time was slowly trying to get up. She uppercuts him in the chin, and my mom runs back between us.
"Okay," She continued. "I'm not that mad because he hurt your sister. Just stop hitting the poor kid."
"Thank you," Nolan said, sitting up.
"This is saving you from my kids. If we were alone together, I would kick your ass."
"Noted."
My dad walked over to Paige and me.
"I told you, you didn't have to forgive him. This didn't give you the right to kick his ass...That punch was crisp for having a broken leg." My dad said.
"Are you mad?" I asked.
"I-I don't know."
He headed to my grandparents in anger and confusion. I flexed my bad leg. Pain shot up my leg, and Paige put her hand on my shoulder. Suddenly a silver aura wrapped around the both of us.
"What just happened?" Paige asked me.
I took the brace off, flexed my leg, and moved my leg around. My parents looked at each other.
"Holy-" My mom said.
"Shit!" My dad responded.
The big things were healed. I was left with minor cuts and bruises. I got back up and fell into Nolan's arms. I looked up and glared at him. I got back up and headed to my brother. I sat next to Leo's leg. I placed my hand on Leo's brace. The silver aura wrapped from my hand to his leg.
"Holy Shit!" Leo said, taking the brace off.
"Holy Shit! That worked?" I said out loud.
My eyes met Nolan's, and then I looked away. Leo hugged me. I felt drained and headed back to the sand bed. Everyone ran to lunch, and Nolan followed me to my 'bed'.
"You're going to have to talk to me sometime," Nolan said.
I stayed silent as I sat down and looked at the sky.
"Come on; you're being childish," Nolan said.
"What do you want to talk about?" I responded.
"I don't know... you're talking; that's a start."
"Yep."
"Blow up on me... you're holding back."
He put his hand on my leg.
"Don't touch me."
"Talk to me."
"Fine...you want to talk? Let's talk! Never in my life have I had someone break my heart in less than a week. I-I cared about you. How did you pay me back? You left, and the worst part is we are soulmates." I felt a tear fall down my cheek. "My dad said I don't have to forgive you...I don't."
"I know."
"You were the only normal thing in my life during all this."
"Go get food, Nolan." My mom demanded.
"Okay," Nolan responded.
My mom sat next to me.
"You cared about him...." She asked me.
"Yeah..." I responded.
My mom then saw that I was crying.
"Oh, sweetie," She continued. "Take it one day at a time."
"How did you do it?"
"I didn't do it alone...when your father and I had issues, your uncle was my best friend."
My uncle sat next to my mom.
"Do you know the story of your birth?" My uncle asked.
"No?" I responded.
"Our grandfather captured your mom and me. We met, and your grandmother came to me and told me your mom was pregnant. When she gave birth, we somehow escaped, and then we were transported to where your dad was."
"Wow?"
"Your parents gave you to Katie to keep you safe."
"No matter where we are in the world. Families will stick together." My dad said, sitting on the other side of me.
We had a big group hug when we heard someone scream.
"Max, Stop!" Paige said.
"Max, stop chasing your sister with a stick!" My mom said.
She got up and headed toward my brother and sister.
"Danny!" My grandma called out.
"Give him a chance to explain." My dad explained.
My dad kissed my forehead. My uncle headed to my grandma, and my dad went to help my mom. Nolan slowly walked up to me and sat down across from me. My dad kissed my forehead. My uncle headed to my grandma, and my dad went to help my mom. Nolan slowly walked up to me and sat down across from me.
"Hi," he said.
"Sup!" I responded.
"Something you should know about the sickness is it feeds into your insecurities. It drew me out, and one of those things attacked me. I wrote that note in my last minutes of consciousness...I never wanted to leave you."
"Oh."
Nolan grabbed my face.
"I'm not leaving you again."
"Promise?"
"Of course." He continued."  I'll make this up to you."
He moved over to my side, and I put my head on his shoulder. He grabbed my head; he kissed my forehead. We lay down in the sand and never stopped looking at each other. I caressed his face when I touched the bruises on his face.
"Sorry about that," I said.
"I kinda deserved it," Nolan responded.
"Okay, but Max."
"Yeah."
We both laughed. I missed his warm laugh.
"I-I can't believe I'm saying this, but I missed you," I said.
"I missed you too."
Nolan pulled me closer to him. He kissed me.
"Your sister said you loved me."
"Yeah..."
I felt my face blush. BANG! We both sat up.
"What the hell was that?" I asked.
Nolan and I stood up, and Paige ran toward us.
"John is here," She explained.
Suddenly John showed up behind her
"Paige, grab my hand," I demanded.
She did what I said before John could grab her. I closed my eyes, and the three of us were transported.