12

My dad sat on the edge of my bed.
"When your mom and I were your age...your mom sacrificed herself. It wasn't for a selfish reason. She took all the darkness of her grandfather. She wanted me to kill her, but I couldn't. So she took a sword and stabbed herself." My dad explained.
"What does this have to do with Nolan?" I asked.
"Your mom is my soulmate; I lost her...Soulmates will piss you off, and they will come back."
"Nolan and I aren't soulmates."
"Yes, you are."
"Prove it."
"You guys kissed after- two days of knowing each other."
"We did not!"
"Your grandmother told me."
"God Dammit!"
"I know he hurt you, but he will be back in your life. You don't have to forgive him. Hell, I'm pissed! Just give it time."
Paige suddenly ran into the room.
"D-dad?" She asked.
"What?" My dad responded.
"Mom and Uncle Danny are here."
"Are you sure?"
Paige shook her head. My dad got up and began to head out, and I attempted to get up when my dad turned around.
"No! You need to heal!" My dad demanded.
"I'm coming! I can't lose anyone else." I responded.
"Ugh, fine."
I grabbed the wheelchair beside my bed and wheeled myself out the front door. We saw an army of dark figures. Leo and Max were on the ground turning. I felt myself panic, and I threw myself on the floor. I took a deep breath and put my hands down. I couldn't comprehend my surroundings. I worked on turning my brothers back to normal.
I grabbed a tree to see a woman with jet-black eyes running toward me, and I shot her as well as the guy behind me. Then I hit the guy running toward my brothers.
"Jayce!" My dad's voice ran through the forest.
"Dad!" I responded.
I climbed into a wheelchair. He ran toward the sound of my voice.
"Oh my god," My dad said.
Two sets of footsteps kept getting closer. My dad and sister hugged me.
"Ezra!...Paige!..Jayce!." My grandparents yelled.
"Ellie, Elliot! We are over here." My dad responded.
They joined the group hug.
"Who trans-" My grandma asked.
"Yeah...That was me." I said.
"We need to figure out what your powers are." My grandpa said.
"Later, we need to wait for them to heal." My dad responded.
"It's gotten worse than we thought."
"I know," My dad continued. "We have a secret weapon."
"What?"
"Jayce."
"She needs to get trained."
"I know."
"Love the whole talking about me while I'm right here a bit, but I'm tired as shit. Can I go to bed?" I asked.
"Of course."
I got help with a bed made of sand. I soon drifted asleep.