We got into Nolan's car once again. I grabbed a hair tie and tied my hair into a bun. I placed my head on the car door and watched the outside world pass.
"We are up against...A lot of people, Immortal and I guess mortal now." Nolan explained.
"Okay, What is the plan?" I asked.
"Lay low, try to find your siblings, and attempt to heal the council."
I looked at Nolan; he was cute. I liked him, but things were bizarre right now. Silence fell over the car.
"Why did you salute my dad?" I asked.
"I'm a noble; your dad hired me to find you. My job is your bodyguard.." He explained.
"I thought you were a part of the council thing?"
"I am, but because I'm adopted, I'm not a council member by blood, so I'm also a nobleman."
"Oh, okay."
He looked at me.
"Are you doing okay?" He asked.
"I'm fine!" I snapped back.
"Oh, okay! Cranky!"
"Today, I was in a community college English class. Tonight we are driving cross country to a suicide mission."
There was another silence.
"I'm sorry!" I said. "For blowing up on you."
"You've had a lot of crazy information told you that changes everything you know about yourself...I don't blame you." He continued. "I'm surprised you haven't given me a black eye."
"That's a month in this kind of thing."
Nolan laughed. His laugh was warm and genuine. Fuck! I think I'm falling for him.
"Highly noted," Nolan responded.
We reached the hotel. We walked up to the desk.
"How can I help you?" The person behind the desk asked.
"We need a room!" Nolan responded.
"Three hundred and fifty dollars."
"Geez." I thought to myself.
The person handed the key cards to Nolan. We then headed to the elevator. I noticed he was staring at me, and I looked back at him, and he looked away, and I saw him blush. We made it to our room, and Nolan opened the door to see only one bed. My face blushed, and we put pillows between us like a barrier. We got ready for bed and then laid down. We were staring at each other.
"Thanks for saving my life," I said.
"It's kinda my job," Nolan responded.
"I know, but you also saved my mom's life."
There was silence.
"What time are we leaving tomorrow?" I asked.
"Six," Nolan responded.
"Am?"
"Yes."
I soon fell asleep.