I stood back and listened, Ruby was talking then someone else did. Listening to the conversation, I believe I understood the mission.

"Do we know of some sort of machine or something that can harness the Sun's energy?" Someone said.

Before I knew what was happening I made my way through the crowd. "I can do it."

"You can do what?" Alex asked.

"I'll do what I have to to get Kara to absorb the Sun's energy." I said walking towards them.

"How?" Lena asked whipping away tears.

"I can absorb the solar flare and redirect it to her. Once she sucks in every last drop we'll find a plane to land on. When we get there hopefully she'll be healed from the damage and I could restart her heart."

Everyone fell silent, soaking in all of the information.

"We need to act fast. Scouter find me a solo Sun." The scouter beeped and began searching the cosmos. "Lena I know this isn't your main priority right now but my son. I felt him 150 miles south of the city. His energy would have registered in your scouter."

A tiny squeak left my lips as I began to walk out of the room. "We'll leave after I'm done burying my comrade."

"Well hold on, what exactly will you be doing to her?" Alex asked.

"What does it matter, if I'm unsuccessful she's still dead." I said bluntly.

My comment silenced the room again.

I continued to walk out. "Ruby. Where did you place Anderson?"

"Follow me." She lead me down the hall to a training room.

There, lies the body of my follow Saiyan, along with the bodies of Earths warriors. 4 police officers, 6 white martians, 7 humans, 3 civilian aliens and 8 of the warriors from another universe. My heart goes out to all the families.

"There is something you should see." Mon-el said walking out of the shadows.

Both Ruby and I followed him to the next room. There was only one fallen warrior in this room.

"Fuck." I whispered. My heart hurts for Alex, first her sister now her wife. "Does she know?"

"No. With everything going on with Kara, I really didn't have the heart to tell her."

"Let keep it that way. For now. At least until Kara and I are out of the galaxy."

Mon-el nodded once and closed the door behind him.

I went back to retrieve Anderson's body in my arms and flew out of the building. My destination, a grassy meadow. Here he'll be able to look at the sky, if he chooses to remain on the earth.

Took me a while to fly over here, my stamina is fully back yet. So when I did manage to make it there I was exhausted.

I placed him gently on the soft grass when 2 energies were making their way over. Sam and Ruby landed close. Ruby walked up to me while Sam stayed close behind.

"May I ask why your here?"

"It may have been for a short time but Anderson was like my brother. I want to be here when you send him off." Ruby choked down her emotion. "And mom is here because she doesn't want me out of her sight."

I guess I really didn't think about the impact he had on her life. I also didn't think to invite her to his farewell ceremony.

Ruby, Sam and I said a prayer for safe travels in the afterlife and since Anderson was a warrior Ruby and I chanted the ancient Saiyan war cry. Even if Ruby wasn't a Saiyan I'm sure Anderson would have loved it anyway.

My strength and power still haven't fully returned but I mustard up two small energy balls in my palms and released them in the ground making a grave.

I picked up my follow Saiyan and walked him over to his final resting place.

"Anderson Gravler, you gave your life fighting for this world. Your soul will rise but your body will remain here and give back to the planet." I lowered myself and him into the grave and placed him down on his side gently. I removed his armor, scouter from his chest and I took his second I.D tag and placed it with mine. "Thought our time together may have been short, you became family real quick. You will be missed my friend, my brother. We'll meet again one day."

"I will miss you too. You were the brother I always wanted. Thank for everything you taught me." Ruby bowed to him and helped me bury him.

Even Sam helped. "I may not have known you but I thank you for giving my daughter a big brother."

Once he was completely buried and I finished the farewell dance, realization set in. He's gone and the only thing I want to do right now is scream at the top of my lungs. My son and I are the last Saiyans.