29.5 MOUNTAINS

setting: after chawarin met his family at the mall with nat...

AYBERK POV

the moment we arrived from the mall, rin scampered off to our bathroom saying he felt all icky and sticky. im thankful to it though, i need to discuss something with my mom and im not sure i like every part of it.

"berk?" my mom picked up from the other end of the line.

"mom, theyre moving and im not happy that they deliberately meet up with him under our noses." im too annoyed to care about my moms feelings right now. all i care is my mates safety and my pup in extension.

"the malls president called this afternoon via my secretary saying you had to pull out your mate from a shop. it seems they gotten whiff already that rin is under our protection and theyre on the move to get him." mom answered as he sighed in annoyance as well.

"and rin slip out that hes pregnant. apparently in their beliefs, being a man and pregnant is a sin. rins a bit of a tease to a point of being hard-headed sometimes, he told them up front that he is. maybe hes just making a point but its a critical information. i understand him, though. thinking from what hed been through with them, he needs a reason to get back at them." i need to sit this one down. i went to our study room and ran down again the reports i got regarding the plan of execution for this problematic group. rin will still be long in the bathroom for sure. i can hear him humming.

"i really like him for you, ayberk. you know that, right?" he said on the other line.

"yeah. what about it?"

"its just... since... um..." my mom's hesistant? this doesnt bode well.

"what is it?" i stop at my browsing but when i stared down at the file, i saw rins picture and a series of information. "whats the meaning of this? no... wait... if rins included in the mission, count us out of it." i deliberately hung up from my mom. i dont get my mom sometimes. mates in this family are prized possession, all riches and titles be damned. he knows it but why does it have to include my mate?

it felt like i was drenched in cold water. i never knew my mom could be this heartless just to end a malicious rogue group. i admit, this group of fanatics have been raging off ever since i could remember and theyve been a bit on low profile quite sometime now. the kidnappings are still there but on the low and not that very frequent now but... i cant get this out of my head... this notion that rin got something going on and his past is now hunting him down for some reason. its too critical to be a coincidence. his family believes the same thing as these fanatics. i pray that this might not be a connection because heavens be damned, ill fight for my mates freedom no matter what, even if its against my own family.

"love?" rins warm voice washed over me like i was a deprived man. "whats wrong?" as i see him walk over me gracefully sporting a tiny bump that sure is visible on his thin sleepwear. these pair is my life now. without them, i am nothing. i dont want rin to be stressed out with this. as much as possible, ill handle this by myself.

"just a bit of a problem, dear. nothing to be worried about." i stood up and when i started moving towards him, his scents too overwhelming. he shouldnt be emitting this kind of scent since hes already pregnant but the atmosphere now is too tangible all i could ever do was to give into it.

----->>>>>

setting: after they got back from the hotel for the introductory event.

im carrying my mate down the parking lot towards the lift. hes been hugging my neck all this time and im not complaining one bit. moments like this where he sleeps peacefully and without worries that makes me breath easy and fine.