5. PROCRASTINATE

now that i think about it, i dont know this person. well, yes, i know that his name was ayberk but i mean, what does he do for a living? he has this security following him all the time.

after he picked me up on my street that time, we went to a mall with his excuse being me having nothing to wear much in his place. a sorry excuse for a date, if you asked me.

my stitch was still smarting but its not that intolerable. i ran from the hospital for heavens sake with these stitches on and not even felt it sting even once but now that im not on adrenaline rush, its my bad that i am now wincing at every bump the road has. i guess having a wolf beside me, this didnt passed by him unnoticed.

"you have a blood stain on your shirt." he said as a matter of fact and sighed deeply. "hospital now, quick. ask for papa's team for assistance to clear the traffic." he commanded curtly at someone upfront.

"n-no. theres no need." this is absurd. just a bit of bleeding sends him off like this. i tried to protest but i was only replied with a growl. typical wolf who cant stand being thwarted. will my life be like this from now on?

we arrived swiftly at the emergency room as if it werent a normal 30 minute drive. we arrived at only ten. damn! every lane that we get into was jammed by army personnel to let us through at at least 150kph. who is this guy really?

my wound was dressed up again by the same doctor and was scolded a bit. it garnered an agreement from ayberk and it left me really speechless. i was never this scolded in my life. it was laced with concern and worry, it made my heart constrict for a bit. i was so used to being scolded, insulted and berrated but never like this. and i was never a crybaby. its not me!

but at that time, ayberks hand was caressing my back and sending off calmness that was so alien to me. did my tearducts really too shallow in my eyes? tears literally fall like rain.

maybe sensing my distress, ayberk cupped my head and hide my face on his neck. the scent from his neck truly calmed me. is it an expensive cologne or a perfume? its so nice to my nose i cant help but nuzzle on it and my arms encircle to his back. i barely noticed that he had carried my small frame of a body and settled me on his lap as we boarded the car.

"how are you feeling?" he asked with a hint of a chuckle in his voice. as i came to, i was shocked at our position and scrambled down from his lap to my seat. my face literally was on fire.

"i-i'm fine. thank you." i stuttered in reply. i never felt so small in his arms. all the way to the mall, i felt regret running through my whole body. regret that i clambered down and away from that warmth. i'd like to hold his hand at least but that would be too forward, isnt it? and it isnt like me to crave human touch. why is it that if its him... its different? damn... whats wrong with me?

i unknowingly clasped my head and ruffled my hair in frustration. something that i retained as a habit everytime i get frustrated by my situation from that hell hole.

"whats wrong?"

well, hes been too attentive.

"n-nothing. just. umn... where are we going?" i asked trying to change the subject.

"the mall. i closed one of ours to let you take your time choosing."

what?!

"yours? a mall? what do you do exactly?" i asked in passing but damn! i forgot hes a wolf.

"well, lets just say my family owns an empire." he said smiling at that. yeah. simple. just an empire. damn!

as we arrived at the mall, he really did closed it. us and a number of guards surrounded us as we stroll in it. i dont know much about the stores but i think theyre too beautiful from i was used to. i am not anything like it. those shoes with thick soles that the saleslady said was for sports and that boots that was specifically for hiking, was for me all the same. shoes is just shoes. same with shirts, i never did had a conversation like this before.