one

Art credits AronDiolex on Twitter.

"Kon."

The world shook as the Fox Devil's head emerged from the floor to bite the Leech Devil's head off, killing her as the Fox painted the flooring of the deceased Bat Devil's guts with red. "Looks like she's the Leech Devil." The Fox stated eagerly as Aki approached the messy battlefield. "May I swallow?"

"Do it." Kon vanished with the Leech Devil's head in her mouth at Aki's command. The Leech's headless body was left behind, as was smoke that covered the entire area.

Denji stared at the blue sky, trying to make sense of the fact that his dead body wasn't in the Leech Devil's stomach.

"it stinks."

Denji turned to the side when he heard a new voice, only to see Aki standing among the evaporating smoke with four other people. The first person he noticed was a girl who was looking at him with concern. Standing next to her was a man as stiff as a brick, putting on a brave face despite his eyes telling a different story. Another guy standing next to Aki had a noticeable black lip piercing and was pinching his nose with disgust. The final person was a girl with an eyepatch who was looking around the area thoughtlessly. Judging by the suits they wore, he guessed they were Devil Hunters.

Denji found the blonde guy with the lip piercing attractive. He was a little envious of his killer looks, knowing how easily he could get hot chicks.

Hot chicks.. Hot boobs..

"My dream battle..."

"The Leech Devil extermination is confirmed." Aki stated as he ignored a certain ash blonde's complaints about the sickeningly smell of blood and guts. "I want the rookies handling search and rescue, plus assisting with the evac."

"Okay!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Himeno, you've got seniority, so keep watch for more devils."

"On it."

"Kaito, stay here and help."

"Copy." Himeno giggled at her companion's clever pun and jokingly elbowed him. "That's a good one." Kai stuck his tongue out with a smile, moving alongside Aki to check on the teen laying on the floor.

"Yikes," he inhaled through his teeth as he studied the groaning blonde on the floor. He had a gaping hole in his stomach, a missing arm, an eye that had popped out of its socket, and a small piece of a chainsaw protruding from his bloody head. "Poor guy, he's definitely seen better days."

"Dream battle... Gonna... My dream battle..." Denji's mumbles became pained screams as Aki crouched to place his arm on his shoulder to support him in walking. "You and the Blood Fiend need to be debriefed." Kai watched with a scrunched face as Aki spoke to the screaming boy, nonchalant to his pained yells in his ears. "Shouldn't you be more gentle with him?" Aki continued walking towards the ambulance waiting for Denji, ignoring Kai for the second time.

"And Meowy?" Aki stopped momentarily to face the Blood Fiend on the floor. His gaze shifted from her yellow eyes to the trapped cat, which greeted him with a meow.

"Kaito, take the Blood Fiend with you and have the cat sent to a veterinarian for a thorough checkup."

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Kai responded with a pout, saddened by Aki's continued issuance of orders while ignoring his existence. The Blood Fiend's gaze was drawn to Kai's approaching figure. "Don't come near me! Lousy human!" She screamed, turning away from him with her face because she couldn't move the rest of her body.