The Head House of Slytherin

Start from the beginning

Percy couldn't believe his ears it was worse then the screeching he heard from Mrs. Dodds nobody finished at the same time each person sung it differently it was just sound it couldn't even be considered music.

"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"

Percy and the other first year followed the prefects to the common rooms that so happened to be in the dungeon of the school. What school has a dungeon even a magic one. At the entrance which was just a brick wall everyone stopped and the prefect said the password.

"pureblood."

Percy walked in as the prefect was directing students to their dorms with their bedrooms it was a cool common area with plenty of space and the decor fit the name Slytherin perfectly. going up the stairs to the dorms. He found it a five bedroom area with all of their bags already placed on the beds. That didn't stop them from arguing who got which bed Percy got the one closest to the door just as he wanted.

After they all got situated they finally decided to go to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long day.

The next day was an eventful one to say the least. Because half of the School was following around Percy's brother like he was a zoo attraction. Then there was the topic of classes where Percy seemed to excel in being top of the grade along with someone else.

The only problem they were having was finding their classes with all the stair cases and different corridors that seem to appear out of nowhere. As hard as it was they managed to make it to every class on time and Percy managed to earn points during charms and transfiguration. Which was not expected due to the teacher being Mcgonagall the Head house of Gryffindor.

"What class is next Draco?" Percy asked getting out of astronomy.

"Double potions with the Gryffindors." he said with an evil smile. "This is great Snape is always looking out for us and helping Slytherin anyway he can."

"Really I thought teachers were supposed to be unbiased." Percy said with his eyebrow raised. He figured since Mcgonagall wasn't the other teachers weren't either.

"Snape is really tough on other students compared to his house."

When Percy and Draco walked in they noticed that no one else was there yet.

"Class doesn't start for another 15 minutes boys." came a voice from the front of the room.

"Is it okay if we stay here till class starts professor we were let out of our last class early."

"That would be fine, but first who is your friend here Draco." Snape said as he stood up and looked at Percy with an intriguing eye.

"This is--" Percy cut him off. "Perseus Potter sir."

A flash of recognition washed upon the professors face for a moment more like a flicker. Although Percy was suspicious he said nothing of it.

"Chose somewhere to sit." Snape snapped at them. Both boys scrambled to find a seat next to each other in an empty class as Snape was preparing the lesson plan on the board in front.

The class begun to start and Percy saw his brother walk in with Weasley and Granger as they were talking. Percy was glad his brother found some friends to depend on. But that did not stop him from noticing the hatred in the eyes of his professor when he saw Harry.

Snape, like Flitwick, started the class by taking the roll call, and, like Flitwick, he paused at Harry's name.

"Ah, yes," he said softly, "Harry Potter. Our new – celebrity."

Snape finished calling the names and looked up at the class. His eyes were black like Hagrid's, but they had none of Hagrid's warmth. They were cold and empty and made you think of dark tunnels.

"You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making," he began. He spoke in barely more than a whisper, but they caught every word – like Professor McGonagall, Snape had the gift of keeping a class silent without effort. "As there is little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses....I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stopper death – if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach."

More silence followed this little speech. Harry and Ron exchanged looks with raised eyebrows. Zoe was still squirming at the sight of the pickled animals. Hermione Granger was on the edge of her seat and looked desperate to start proving that she wasn't a dunderhead.

While Percy was looking over the course instructions as Snape made his speech until he heard.

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

"You'd brew the draught of the living dead." Came a reply from Percy he only noticed after he answered that professor Snape wasn't looking at him. Still that did not stop Snape from making it an advantage for him.

"I forgot there were two of you. 10 points to Slytherin." he paused and then said. "When I call on you Perseus I will call out Perseus understand?"

Percy shook his head yes and could only watch as his brother was getting torn apart by Snape. Draco was shaking with laughter the entire time alone with Crabbe and Goyle behind them.

"I don't know," said Harry quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?"

Zoe and a few other people laughed; Harry caught Seamus's eye, and Seamus winked. Snape, however, was not pleased.

Sit down," he snapped at Hermione. "For your information, Potter, A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite. Well? Why aren't you all copying this down?"

There was a sudden rummaging for quills and parchment. Over the noise, Snape said, "And a point will be taken from Gryffindor House for your cheek, Potter."

The lesson seemed to only get better for the Slytherins while the Gryffindors only got worse Snape put them all into pairs and set them to mixing up a simple potion to cure boils. He swept around in his long black cloak, watching them weigh dried nettles and crush snake fangs, criticizing almost everyone except Malfoy, whom he seemed to like. He was just telling everyone to look at the perfect way Malfoy had stewed his horned slugs when clouds of acid green smoke and a loud hissing filled the dungeon. Neville had somehow managed to melt Seamus's cauldron into a twisted blob, and their potion was seeping across the stone floor, burning holes in people's shoes. Within seconds, the whole class was standing on their stools while Neville, who had been drenched in the potion when the cauldron collapsed, moaned in pain as angry red boils sprang up all over his arms and legs.

"Idiot boy!" snarled Snape, clearing the spilled potion away with one wave of his wand. "I suppose you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire?"

Neville whimpered as boils started to pop up all over his nose.

He rounded on harry and blamed him for Neville messing up the potion taking more points from Gryffindor. Percy on the other hand was creating a perfect potion it seemed like it was natural to him he even would put a tiny bit of more ingredient here and there and maybe an extra turn once in a while. By the end of it Percy earned Slytherin 15 points for his potion and excellent knowledge about them. While Harry lost his house 2.

They went back to the Great hall to have some dinner before the next day started. Everything was fun and everybody was talking about their classes until some mail dropped on Malfoy's food.

GRINGOTTS BREAK-IN