ℍ𝕒𝕥𝕔𝕙𝕝𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤

Three years later.....

I dove down from the high clouds I was in just seconds ago and plunged into the salty ocean water. I hooked my claws onto the shark below me and bite its neck. I flew out of the water, dragging the struggling shark with me. I flew past some rocks and knocked the shark into them. Finally, the shark stopped struggling and accepted its fate. I landed on the shore of the The Golden Enclave and put down the shark. "Sorry," I muttered, then I killed it. I dropped the shark at the entrance of then den and walked inside as the four Night Fury hatchlings ran up to me and proceeded to jump over me. "They're very hyper today!" I said laughing as I approached the proud parents, NightSong and StarGaze. I ripped out two pieces of the shark, ate one, and took the other over to mother who was laying at the back of the den. "Hey, mother, how are you doing?" I asked. "I'm doing just fine," Mother replied. I dropped the piece of shark and watched her start to eat it. Mother was getting older now and spent most of her days in the den watching over the hatchlings. "Go for a flight later. It will be good to feel the wind in your wings again," I told her. Mother nodded and swallowed the last piece of shark.

The next morning, I got up early and did my scout flight around the island to make sure no humans or any other danger was nearby. I flew past the waterfall as I finished my round and landed by the pool. I heard a nearby squawk and turned around to see three Nadder hatchlings and their mother. "Hey Sparky, how are they doing?" I asked as Sparky the Nadder as she took a sip of water. "They're grat and very excited to learn to fly tomorrow," Sparky said, smiling. I smiled back and said my goodbyes before heading back to the den.

"So what's the plan for tomorrow? I mean, it's a new event, so I assume you have a plan, right?" Was the first thing I heard when I landed in the cave. "Good morning to you too, StarGaze." I said to her, rolling my eyes. "And as for tomorrow, leave it to me." I murmured, walking past her. "Give her a break," I heard NightSong tell his soulmate as he watched me lay down.

The next day, I hovered in front of all the dagons and their hatchlings. We were on the top of a cliff, and it was time for the hatchlings to learn to fly. "Okay, just jump off the cliff and open your wings as wide as possible. Once your wings are open and you should feel the wind under them, flap them as hard as you can. Don't worry, your parents will catch you if you can't do it and I'll be there to catch you too." I told all the hatchlings. I nodded and watched the adults jump into the air and hover above their children. One by one, the hatchlings jumped off of the cliff and fell down, then opened their wings, flapped them, and flew. It tool all day and a lot of tries, but in the evening all the families went for a sky tour of the island. I sat in the den and watched the dragons flying. I spotted NightSong and StarGaze with their hatchlings. They all looked so happy. I felt my eyes water up. I missed Nightshade so much. It should have been us flying around the island with our family of hatchlings.

That evening, StarGaze went on and on about how proud she was of her hatchlings and much loved watching them learn to fly." ..... and they looked gorgeous, covered in the golden light of the sunset. And havingNightSong next to me, it was a dream come true. Today was perfect! And I'm so glad the kids are happy!" StarGaze told the gathering of Night Furies around her. "Okay, okay, we get it. Your have a family and kids and you're all happy!" I snapped at her. "Okay, grumpy, just because you never had a soulmate....." StarGaze began as she got all defensive. "I lost my soulmate and if you had actually done your job he would still be alive!" I shouted at her as I lit up my blue glowing scale. "How is any of this my fault? You let him get shot and then left him there, it's your fault he's dead!" StarGaze shouted back. "You don't deserve to have a family and be happy, it only happened beacuse my brother is your soulmate! He does everything in your family and all you do is boast about your kids!" "At least I have a soulmate and a family!" StarGaze growled as she leapt forwards. I shot a blast at the ground in front of her as a warning for her not come any closer. StarGaze growled as jumped on top of me. NightSong quickly stepped in and dragged his mate away from me. "See you soulmate still chooses me over you!" I said with a smirk. "Okay, that's enough!" Mother said in a raised voice from behind me. I turned around and saw all the hatchlings huddled up behind my very angry mother. I looked ahead and saw an angry StarGaze and a surprisingly calm brother. I leapt into the air and out of the den. I shot another blast that exploded outside the cave entrance to make a clear point that I was still mad then flew off.

I flew over the water for a long time and eventually lay down on a small island of rock and sand as the night drew in a little while later NightSong landed next to me. "Sorry if any of that offended uou" I said as he sat next to me. "It's okay Ice, you're upset and you miss him, I get that. I know it must be really hard to see a family grow when you don't have one. I completely understand how it is foe you and I'm sorry you sent have that" NightSong said softly. I looked up and purred a little as NightSong cuddled up next to me. "You should go back and make sure they're okay" I told my brother "they'll be fine. StarGaze shouldn't have said those things anyway and you need me more right now" NightSong said. I smiled and closed my eyes.