𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥

I flew to the river above the waterfall with Nightshade flying behind me. We landed on the grass by some rocks. "Okay so you should lay by the water, like this" I told him as I prepared myself for a demonstration. He sat down and watched. "Just lay still and watch the fish. When one swims close by you leap into the water and grab it with your teeth." I said. I pounced forward and surfaced the water with a fish in my jaws. "If they don't come close enough dip the tip of your tail into the water, they will become curious and come to see what it is" I said as I got out and dropped the fish on the grass. "okay, here I go" Nightshade said as he crawled forwards and lay down by the water. After a while he leapt forwards and came out of the water with a fish in his mouth. "well done!" I said with a bright smile. "Thank you" he grinned as he gulped down the fish.

I smiled back and jumped into the water, splashing Nightshade. He growled playfully and leapt in after me. We swam around in the water, chasing each other. I hadn't had this much fun in ages and I was really enjoying it. When we finally got tired we floated on the surface for a while. The tip of Nightshade's wing brushed against mine underwater and iw as filled with a rush of energy that made my scales tingle. I looked over at Nightshade, he was staring at me with a sparkle in his eyes. I've never forgotten that look. He quickly looked away again. Suddenly Clam landed by the river. "IceGlow! We need you! NightSong is in a fight!" the thunderdrum said between deep breaths. "I'm on my way!" I said as leapt into the air. Nightshade was right behind me. Clam nodded and flew ahead stowing me the way. I flew as fast as I could. If a dragon was in a fight and the Red Death found out she would kill them both, this is was her way of preventing fights. NightSong knew this very well so I wondered what could made him act like this. I flew over a rock and saw NightSong and a Rumblehorn rolling over and bitting each other with a crowd of dragons standing around them. NightSong jumped on top of the Rumblehorn and I could tell it was about to stab my brother with it's horn. This was a serious fight. I lit up my blue scales to show I was in charge. I dived down and shot a plasma blast which hit the ground between the two dragons and they both jumped back. I landed between them and held up both wings so they couldn't see each other anymore. I knew it was very dangerous to stand between two fighting dragons so I was ready to jump away if needed. I looked at the Rumblehorn and I released it was Thunder, who was known for being very mean.

I could see he was mad and I watched him shake his head in anger. I looked over at NightSong, he was standing tall with narrow eyes, smoke coming from his nose and a prepared plasma blast in his throat. "Don't drop the plasma" I told him. He shot the ground and growled.

"The queen is not to find out about this fight!" I cleared everyone clearly. "But they both are hurt, she will realize and question us!" another dragon called back. "I'll deal with her if that happens, but she will not be told!" I said stubbornly. "We will get in so much trouble..." another dragon started saying "Do you want another Night Fury to be killed?" I yelled. "Just because he's your brother..." the dragon muttered. I growled at thst last comment and blasted a warning shot that landed by the dragon's feet. The dragon jumped back and lowered his head "She will not find out! Do I make myself clear?" I asked with a growl. "Yes!" the dragons all replied. "Take Thunder back to the dragon tunnel and clean him up, I'll deal with NightSong" I told them. A few dragons took Thunder and flew away, the rest walked off minding their own business.

NightSong spread his wings and flew behind the waterfall. "and just where do you think you're going?" I growled. I spread out my wings and psed after him. I found him laying in the shade on a rock. I landed and slowly walked over to him. "Hey." I said as I sat down next to him. "hey" he muttered. "what happened just now?" I asked. "Doesn't matter." "I want to know." "it's non of your business!" "I'm your leader so actually it is my business!" "no its not! And I'm not going to tell you!" "I could have let them tell to queen and gotten you killed!" "Just leave me alone!" My brother yelled at me. "do not talk to me like that!" I yelled as I jumped up and growled. He stodd up, growled and prepared a warning shot. I leapt into the air and watched the shot hit the ground where I had been standing. I heard a thud and looked up to see Nightshade pinning down NightSong." Leave her alone!" Nightshade yelled. "get off me!" NightSong shouted back. If threats didn't work, sympathy might. I stared at my brother as if he had tried to kill me. "you're not who I thought you were" I said then leapt into the air and flew away.