𝟎𝟎𝟗-𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐞𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞

THE KIDS WHOOP AND CHEER in the sky

     THE KIDS WHOOP AND CHEER in the sky. It has the be the highlight of the night by a long shot. Although Ziggy is enthralled with joy, without the sleigh, she is definitely fearing for her life. Teddy looks down at Ziggy's hands squeezing to him for dear life as she tries her hardest not to look down. The brunette boy chuckles, patting her gloved hands. "Don't you dare let go." Ziggy squeaks worriedly. Teddy laughs, doing what she told him.
     "Scared?" Teddy grins. Ziggy's jaw drops, gasping playfully.
     "Me? Please, Pierce." Teddy's eyebrow shoots up. Giving her that look.
     "What if I just..." Teddy took one arm off Donner's antlers, now holding Ziggy's hand.
     "Teddy!" Ziggy shrieks. The brunette girl scrambles to place his hand back Donner's antler, holding it for a minute before pulling away back to his waist. He laughs out loud; his laugh echoing in Ziggy's ears. She loves hearing his laugh; his real genuine laugh. The laugh she hasn't heard since Doug died. Kate looks at the two smiling and laughing, the sight made her happier. Kate never thought she would see them like this again.
     "I can't believe it! We're flying!"
     "I know!" Teddy exclaims, looking at the red and green lights shining in the night sky from the big, tall buildings. Ziggy turns her head to Kate. Her red nose scrunching up nice and tight.
     "Hey, Kate!" Ziggy calls. She looks Ziggy's way, still smiling. "I'm proud of you, kid." That's all Kate wants to hear. Ziggy always knows how to make her feel better, like an older sister. Kate looks to Ziggy, deep into her eyes.
     "I'm proud of you too." Ziggy's heart sunk, struggling for words. Teddy turns again back to Ziggy, still holding her hand.
     "We're proud of you, Zig." A burning sensation appears in Ziggy's throat, her bright blue eyes watering.
     "Oh, guys." Ziggy chuckles in response as she sinks into Teddy's back.
     The device Santa had given her beeps in Ziggy's coat pocket, she quickly whips it out. "Oh!" Teddy grins.
     "The bag of toys!"
     "That means we're close!" Teddy adds.
     "Where do you guys think it is?" The three look down.
     "Let's head down. It'll be easier to find from the ground." Ziggy suggests.
     "Okay." Kate agrees while the reindeer bellow, signaling that the pack should head down on land. Teddy still looks behind his shoulder to see Ziggy finally adjusting.
     "Ready to head down?" Teddy comments sarcastically.
     "Is it gonna be fas—" Her sentence is interrupted by screaming which soon turned into childish laughter.
     The kids eventually land, tying the reindeer together. Ziggy finishes tying Vixen when the ornament beeps rapidly. Ziggy places the ornament in her pocket, taking the Pierce sibling's hands to find those toys. "Hang tight and blend in!" Kate says to the reindeer.
     They cut the corner, spying a church on the block. The area glistens with lights and music. Ziggy holds the ornament that beeps profusely. "We're really close." Ziggy exhales. Teddy gaze up at the church playing that one familiar tune.
"Think it's inside the church?" Kate asks. The three stop. Teddy turns to Ziggy waiting for her input.
"There's no harm in checking. You guys go ahead and check I'll look around." Teddy looks with disapproval.
"Last time I left you alone, you we're almost heading to prison." Teddy says with a hint of order in his tone.
"There's no one around. I'll be fine. What could go wrong?" Teddy can't say no, she's going to do it anyway. And she will probably find it, too.  Teddy sighs, begrudgingly agreeing. She walks off leaving Teddy with worry. He doesn't know much about Chicago, but he does know that there are dangerous people everywhere.