ᑕᕼᗩᑭ丅ᗴᖇ ᗝᑎᗴ

𝓝𝓮𝔀 𝓕𝓻𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓻 ✶༄ ‧₊˚

The girl sighed tiredly as she stepped onto the cool white tile floor. The water flowed over the tiles and poured into the wall-built drain at the base of the floor's floor's slight, barely noticeable tilt.

She shivered as the steady flow was still cool to the touch. The girl subconsciously ran her fingers across new scars that had somehow become familiar. One stood out to her as she brushed her hair behind her ear.

It was small but still one of her most influential. It lay on her forehead, just high enough to be secretly covered by her brown locks. As her fingers passed over each once, small memories popped into her mind, telling a story of each one.

Her right knee is a small line from when she first fell off her bike. Left elbow, she skinned it trying to break her fall when she tripped over a small stick in the woods. Behind her ankle, one she got from a particularly tight pair of heels.

The list could continue forever, especially if she added the many new ones from her adventures in the past year. She pulled her hair away from her face as the cool water flowed over it.

She breathed out slightly to keep the liquid from going into her nose and mouth. Opening her eyes in the water, she blinked away the blurriness of the water from her vision. Tiny clear droplets stuck to her long eyelashes and dropped down, almost like tears.

She finished her brief shower before pulling a fluffy white towel from a nearby wooden shelf containing other toiletries.

Once thoroughly dried, she pulled a graphic T-shirt over her head, some hair getting stuck under the oversized garment. The material was rough, and she could feel the print on the shirt rubbing against her skin.

After completing the look with a pair of relatively distressed jean shorts and tying her hair back in an effortless ponytail, she stepped into the modern living space. A sterol feel to the area, still not entirely home to her despite the months she spent living in it.

"Honey, come get breakfast before school!" A feminine voice rang out from the kitchen, and she ducked into the room while rubbing some of the residual cool water from her eyes.

"Morning, Mom," She mumbled, giving her a light hug before sitting at the kitchen island. Her mom had just finished making some pancakes.

The girl smiled slightly at the memory.

"I brought you some pancakes! Just made 'em, so they're pretty fresh."

"Whatcha thinking of, sweetie?" Her mother's voice broke through the memories.

She fumbled as she shoved a bite of the warm fluffy hotcake into her mouth. It's not floury. "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

"You know how much I worry about you," Her mother came behind her and started messing with her hair in a motherly way.

"Mom-" The girl playfully swatted her hands away. "Stop, I just got it right," She laughed as she fiddled with the strands of her newly cut curtain bangs framing her tanned face.

Her mom laughed along with her before abruptly checking the time. "You better get going unless you want to be late."

The girl nodded and bid her mother farewell, unlocking their living space entrance and opening into the white corridor. All too familiar to the-

No.

She wasn't going to think about that, everyone agreed that they wouldn't talk a word about it, and it's best they all try to forget anyway, after so much trauma at that age.