Chapter 1 | "Alive."

TWO YEARS AGO
SONG: LIMBO - FREDDIE DREDD
TW!: MENTION OF ABUSE , SH , ETC!

———————-

AURORA'S POV

I woke up feeling weak. I look around me and I'm in a hospital bed. My head hurts so bad , I can't move and I feel like I need to throw up.

I turn my head to the door and I see two nurses , looking at me in shock. "You're alive?!" One of them says.

"What do you mean?" I ask. "We-... we thought you died. We saw you. And your husband..." I wait for her to finish her sentence but she doesn't. What?

Where is Riccardo?

Where are my kids? Ajax and Alex?

Where are Noah and Angela?

What the hell is going on?

Where is everyone?

—-

Noah's POV:

"You can stay here for a while..." I mumbled , opening the apartment door.

"Thank you so much... don't tell Riccardo , please. This stays between us." She whispers.

I nod. "I can't believe you're alive , Aurora.." I whisper , hugging her. She hugs me back.

"I'm surprised too." She said. "Thank you for letting me stay , again. How is Riccardo? Angela? Ajax and Alex?" She asks.

I sigh. "Riccardo.. he is- um- in depression. He is going to a therapist every Sunday. The doctor said that he has anxiety , depression and low iron. He needs to calm himself down from cigarettes."

Her eyes widened in shock. I can see tears in her eyes. "Angela is fine. She is at home. Also in depression. And Ajax with Alex are alright. Angela are taking care of them and Sadie. We're staying at Riccardo to help him."

"Oh my god.." she whispers. "Wait. Who is Sadie?" She asked.

"Sadie is our daughter. Her name is Sadie Aurora Evans. Angela wanted her second name to be yours in your memory."

She smiles. "That's beautiful.. did.. did Riccardo found another woman?.. Like , does he love another woman?"

"No. He still loves you. He wrote you letters every morning, every afternoon, every evening and every night. Until he fell asleep."

"Oh. Wow.."

"How long are you going to stay though?" I ask. "Probably one or two years."

My eyes widened. "One or two years?" I said.

"Yes , Noah. Until I put myself together. And I don't Riccardo to see me. What will he say? 'You're just a clone , get out' so that's why I need to stay here. I promise that you won't even know I'm here. Please.." She begs.

"Alright. This stays between us then."

PRESENT

Riccardo's POV:

"Noah! Where are Ajax and Alex?!" I snap."Upstairs. I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry." He replied. "You better be." I mumbled , going upstairs.

I open their bedroom door and I see them playing together. I smile making my way to them. I love them so much.

I kiss their foreheads and they smile. I close their door and I go downstairs in the kitchen. I see Angela looking at her phone , scrolling. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"I'm looking at some pictures with me and Aurora.. I still miss her , Ric." She whispered. A dull pain in my chest hits me when I hear her name.

"I miss her too." I whisper. "Angela! Come here now." I hear Noah yelling. "Coming!" Angela replied "Bye , Ric."