New Assignment

Depuis le début

Cinder: At least they got one thing right...

Olivia called somebody.

(Y/N): Hello?

Olivia: Good morning (Y/N).

(Y/N): Olivia, good to hear you. Need something from me?

Olivia: Actually, yes. It's just a question.

(Y/N): Shoot.

Olivia: Do you remember where are the other winter soldiers located?

(Y/N): They should be where RWBY found me.

Olivia: Oh? Team RWBY didn't see them?

(Y/N): Guess not. Well, they aren't easy to find.

Olivia: Hmm... Maybe we should check again. Say (Y/N), do you want to help me with this?

(Y/N): Sure, Olivia. 

Olivia: Perfect, wait for me at the airstrip.

(Y/N): See you.

Olivia hung up.

Olivia: The ones that want to go with (Y/N) raise your hand.

We all did.

Olivia: Alright, let's go then.

At the airstrip.

We arrived at the airstrip and met with (Y/N). At first, He was surprised to see us all, but also happy when we told him we were going with him.

(Y/N): Glad to have some company.

Olivia: Good luck.

They hopped inside the bullhead.

Quill's POV

At the HYDRA location.

We went inside, looking around for something suspicious. I can't believe they held (Y/N) here...

Quill: Hey, (Y/N). What's that?

(Y/N): That's... That is an anti-aura sniper rifle.

Quill: Anti-aura?

I took the rifle to inspect it.

Quill: This thing is heavy.

He got near and pulled the bolt to take one bullet. I placed down the rifle. 

(Y/N): This is the most dangerous bullet type in Remnant.

I paid attention to (Y/N). He touched me with the bullet. I felt my Aura reacting to that.

Quill: Feels weird... 

(Y/N): Sure, it doesn't pierce it now, but it will do if it has a high speed.

Quill: Why didn't HYDRA use this in more weapons?

(Y/N): They were expensive and had so much recoil. Automatic weapons would flip their users just with a burst. That's why they created this sniper and used it for assassinations. I was designated to operate it.

Quill: Should we bring this to Olivia?

(Y/N): Yes, it's the best.

(Y/N) holsters the sniper, he carries that like nothing... meanwhile I struggled just holding it.

Quill: Let's return with the rest.

While walking back, (Y/N) asked me something.

(Y/N): So Quill, how goes your luck? Pretty sure you mastered your semblance.

Quill: Awful. Sorry (Y/N), It's just a curse.

(Y/N): It isn't. You still think of it as a curse.

Quill: I remember the first time you said that. You are the only one that believes I'm not cursed by misfortune.

(Y/N): Quill, your semblance is special and will act the same way as you think of it. I noticed that for sure. Every time we trained, I had a misfortune. Remember when my gun had a bullet stuck in mid-battle? Or our first fight, I gave up too early just because I didn't think of counterattacking.

Quill: What do you say about that time my misfortune got you in the hands of HYDRA... If I hadn't been there...

(Y/N): If you hadn't been there, we would've followed Raven's plan, alerting everyone there anyways.

Quill: No... 

(Y/N): What if I died? Maybe you removed my bad luck and prevented me from being killed by that powerful shot... Captive, without an arm or Winter Soldier, I survived...

Quill: That's not... Did I really make possible another chance to live for you?

(Y/N): That's what I want to believe.

Quill: (Y/N)... Maybe I didn't want to admit it, but when I saw you again, I felt my good luck returning.

He smiled at me.

(Y/N): Do you trust me?

Quill: Of course!

(Y/N): Take this coin that I found when waiting on the airstrip.

I took the coin.

(Y/N): Flip it whenever you feel like it, and be sure to get the side you want.

Quill: I will try. So, tails.

It landed tails.

(Y/N): That's a good start. Quill, let me give you a challenge, try to get 20 times consecutive the side you want.

Quill: That's impossible.

(Y/N): Impossible for everyone except for you.

This kid...

Quill: I'll try it, just for you.

(Y/N): We have been talking for a while. Pretty curious about how a topic of conversation can end in something different. Let's go back.

We returned

Raven: You took your sweet-ass time. What the hell, were you making out or something?

When Raven said that, I saw Summer glaring at me.

Quill: N-No.

(Y/N): We found a dangerous weapon.

Cinder: Oh?

(Y/N): Take a look at this.

He tossed her the bullet.

Cinder: It feels weird.

(Y/N): Anti-aura bullet.

Cinder: Interesting.

She tossed it back.

Raven: Hey, take a look at this door. 

Summer: Can you open it, Bucky?

(Y/N): No, it's armored, and the power is down. It's supposed to contain the unstoppable force of the Soldiers.

(Y/N) hit the door, nothing happened.

(Y/N): See? Also, I had to try...

Cinder: Allow us.

She heated the door with Summer and Raven until it melted down.

(Y/N): Nice powers.

We advanced and saw the place where it was supposed to contain the Soldiers. This looks like an underground prison.

Summer: This place has bad vibes... 

We arrived at what seemed to be the main room... I looked at (Y/N), and he looked confused.

(Y/N): The Cryostasis Chambers are empty. They are not here.

Now, this is a problem.