35

Kie's POV:

Today was the day, today was JJ's birthday and everything was in place. He slept over last night and I snuck out of bed and went to the kitchen to make him breakfast. I made his favorite pancakes and I brought him breakfast in bed.

I left the tray at the end of the bed and kissed his lips softly and said, "Good morning, birthday boy"

His eyes opened and he kissed me again

"Happy birthday" I said smiling

"Uhh thanks" He said as I handed him his food as I sat next to him as he ate and I stole a few bites here and there

"So I have a few things planned out today to celebrate your birthday starting with a morning surf"

JJ got up and we both got ready to head to the beach. We went and caught some waves. They were amazing this morning. We went back to my house and changed into our clothes and out of our swimsuits.

"That was the best, thank you" JJ said

"The day is nowhere close to being over" I smiled as we went out to my car for the next part of our day

I drove to the Chateau where we picked up the pogues and we went to a play laser tag. JJ mentioned once he always wanted to do it as a kid. We divided up into two teams. It was me, Sarah, and Pope versus JJ and John B.

We were all running around shooting each other like crazy. John B and JJ were somehow experts at this game. We were all laughing and having fun. JJ was totally chasing me and he shot me and grabbed me and kissed me and said, "This is the best birthday ever"

I quickly shot him before running away. The game ended and JJ and John B won. We headed back to the Chateau where we got pizza. Just when JJ thought the day was slowing down, we brought out his cake and sang happy birthday to him.

Hie eyes met mine and I could tell he was trying not to get super emotional. He blew out the seventeen candles on the cake and we all dug into the cake.

The pogues all got JJ presents and so he opened those next. He had the biggest smile on face and it made me so happy. I left him at the Chateau with the pogues for a bit while I went and set up a romantic picnic on the beach.

I had a large blanket on the sand covered in rose pedals and white candles. I also changed into a super cute beachy white dress. I picked up seafood takeout on my way over here. Seafood was JJ's favorite but he never ate it due to it always being expensive.

 Seafood was JJ's favorite but he never ate it due to it always being expensive

I sat on the blanket waiting for John B to drop him off. After a few minutes, I saw JJ walking over so I stood up and he started smiling. He looked at me and said, "Wow, you look beautiful"

I laughed and said, "Thank you"

"So what's all this?" He asked gesturing to the picnic

"I'm a little selfish and just wanted to spend tonight with you. So I thought we could have a picnic on the beach and watch the sunset"

JJ smiled and said, "Sounds perfect"

He kissed me and then we sat on the blanket and started eating. We were sharing the food with each other while talking.

"I can't believe you did all this for me" JJ said thinking about everything we did today

"Of course, I did all this for you. It's your birthday and you're my boyfriend"

"No one has ever done anything for my birthday before. I don't think anyone has ever even sang happy birthday to me. This means so much to me, Kie. Thank you" He said getting emotional

I rested my head on his shoulder and said, "I'm sorry that no one has ever celebrated your birthday before. I'm going to tell you a secret, your birthday is going to be celebrated by you and me every year because it's my new favorite holiday"

I leaned in and kissed him and he kissed me back. This moment was so perfect. We took so many pictures together and then it was dark. We cleaned up everything and went back to my car. I drove to my parents house and JJ asked, "Why are we here?"

"My mom is visiting her sister in New York and my dad is away on a business trip. It's just you and me tonight"

JJ waisted no time. We got out of the car and as we were walking to the front door, he scooped me up and bridal style and unlocked the front door. I was laughing and said, "You don't have to carry me like it's our wedding night"

"I know, I'm just practicing for our wedding night" He said carrying me all the way up to my bedroom where he tossed me on the bed

It made me laugh and I teased him and said, "Thanks for waiting to drop me over my bed"

JJ laughed and said, "Couldn't resist"

He laid down and started kissing me. We ended the night in the best way possible. I'm glad it was just us tonight and we didn't go to a party or something. I loved my time with JJ, especially on his birthday.

We laid in bed naked and I said, "Goodnight, birthday boy"

"Goodnight, I love you, Kiara Anna"

"I love you, J" I said kissing him goodnight as I fell asleep in his arms