33

sorry, it's been so long. i promise to consistently update this story and finish it. i just had too many stories going on at the same time so i'm taking the time just to focus on them one at a time.

please leave me ideas as i have major writer's block for this story and have no idea what else to do for this storyline. thanks! you're the best

Kie's POV:

Tonight was the night that JJ was coming over to officially meet my parents. I was super nervous because I didn't want my parents to freak out. I guess I understand how JJ felt now.

JJ showed up and brought flowers for my mom. Wow, he was really trying to impress her.

My mom made a huge seafood dinner. Seafood was JJ's favorite. We were sitting at the table and my parents were super polite to JJ.

This seemed like the most natural thing in the world. Almost as if we had been dating forever. JJ and I went out after and sat on my front steps and he said, "That was great. So much better than I expected in every possible way."

I rested my head on his shoulder and he kissed my head and he went home. I went back inside and my mom said, "He made quite the impression"

"I told you, he isn't some lowlife from the cut"

"No, he sure isn't... He is nothing like his father" She said with a smile as she went to finish cleaning the kitchen

I went to my room and texted JJ about the evening and he said he was at the chateau with John B which made me feel better as he wasn't with his dad. I went downstairs and I was nervous to ask my mom this question, but I wanted to know.

"Hey mom, you told me before you dated Luke. What happened between the two of you?"

"Let's just say Luke wasn't a good guy. He got into hard drugs, gambling, and drinking pretty early on in life. It was actually your father who took me out on a date after Luke ditched me and showed me how I should be treated. I'm sorry for judging JJ. I just don't want him to break your heart the same way Luke broke mine. You should invite JJ to the club with us this weekend. We'll have brunch there"

"Really? You won't be too embarrassed to be seen in public with him as my boyfriend?"

"Honey, I ruined my reputation by dating your father years ago. Looks like the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" She said laughing as we both fell for pogues, specifically the Maybank men

I called JJ and told him about the conversation I just had with my mom and he said he was off work on Sunday. I was super excited about this. The next day after school JJ and I went surfing together. The waves were incredible and we sat on the beach and watched the sun slowly set. 

JJ was playing with my hair and he asked, "Are you scared of me?"

I was totally caught off guard by this question and I think he sensed it because he elaborated and added, "Are you scared that someday I might lose my temper and hurt you?"

"No, I'm not scared of you. I know you would never do anything to hurt me. You might get in some nasty fights but they've always been to protect me. Don't ever think that I don't trust you because I do trust you and I feel the safest when I'm with you" I said hugging him

"I'll always protect you" He said kissing the top of my head

Sunday morning showed up and JJ arrived at my house. He was wearing the kook outfit that I got him when it was his day as a kook. He looked so good. My mom noticed and even commented, "Wow, you clean up nice"

We all went to the country club together in my dad's truck. JJ and I sat in the backseat together. I grabbed his hand and it was just a normal car ride with some chatter about random things. We arrived and we were seated at our usual table. Our server was a guy named Chad. JJ and him were pretty good work buddies.

"Wow, JJ Maybank here as a guest, welcome" Chad said bringing us out waters

We all ordered food and everyone was watching us. It felt like we were some rare exhibit at the zoo. My mom noticed and she said, "Don't worry about the looks, JJ. We brought you here as our guest and we're delighted you came with us. They just want things to gossip about"

"Are you sure? I don't mind leaving" JJ said nervously

"You aren't leaving. You are here as our daughter's boyfriend. I don't give a shit about what the kooks have to say" My mom smiled at us

JJ and I were sharing our food as we couldn't decide on what to order. My dad was talking to JJ about cars. JJ was actually super knowledgeable in fixing them and working on them. My mom watched the two interact. My dad seemed to get along well with JJ.

The morning was going perfectly when Rafe showed up with Ward. Rafe walked right by our table and said, "Well, if it isn't my ex-girlfriend and the trashy pogue"

"Rafe, leave us alone" I said not wanting to get into this here

"I'll leave you alone for now, Kiara. But you know you can always call me when he breaks your heart or you catch him cheating" Rafe said walking away with Ward to their table

JJ looked down and then he looked at my mom and dad. He opened his mouth to speak and said, "I know you both know I have an embarrassing history with girls. It's no secret but not all the rumors are true. I love your daughter and I could never cheat on her or do anything to hurt her"

My dad looked at him and said, "We can see how you care about her. We wouldn't have invited you here today if we didn't respect you and your relationship with her"

"Thank you, sir" JJ nodded

We went back to my parent's house and JJ and I left in my white jeep to go to the Chateau. We talked about the brunch and how awkward but good it was at the same time. 

Tomorrow was out last week of school before the summer break. We were all so excited. We sat at the Chateau making a list of all the things we wanted to do this summer. 

JJ whispered in my ear, "We are going camping for the night on the island"

I couldn't wait to be on that small slice of paradise with JJ.