34

Kie's POV:

It was the last day of school. The ball rang and it was finally summer. It was a Friday night and there was a huge party at the Boneyard. Every high school student on the island was going to be there. It was the biggest party all year.

We were all the Chateau and Sarah and I were getting ready together in the bathroom. She was totally in love with John B. The two of them were never apart. We were all determined to find Pope a girlfriend this summer.

We took the van to the party and we all went to the keg to get some beer. JJ grabbed my hand and held it and he didn't let go. I knew he wanted to make sure I was safe from Rafe. We were just drinking and hanging out when we joined a game of truth or dare. Rafe and his minions joined as soon as they saw us.

Topper started the game and he asked, "Kiara, truth or dare"

"Truth" I said

"Why are you dating a fucking loser?"

"He isn't a loser. It's none of your fucking business why I'm dating JJ. I love him"

JJ kissed me and I looked at Rafe and he picked truth. I asked him why he was such a dick. He was pissed and the game escalated.

After a few more turns, I walked away from the game with JJ and the rest of the pogues. As we were leaving, Rafe followed us.

"Rafe, leave us alone!" I said

Rafe walked up to us and he grabbed my arm to spin me around. JJ didn't waste a second before he punched him.

"Don't fucking touch her!" JJ said hitting him again

Rafe hit JJ back and said, "Fuck you!"

JJ grabbed me and he walked me to my car. He got in the passenger seat and he drove back to the Chateau. He seemed okay physically after the fight. He wasn't bleeding by his jaw was sore from Rafe hitting it.

"J, you didn't need to get in a fight with Rafe but I appreciate you protecting me"

"He needs to know that if he messes with you, he's going to have to deal with me. I don't ever want him to think it's okay to grab a girl like that, especially when that girl is you" JJ said

I've never had a guy protect me like this before. I kissed him and said, "Thank you for protecting me. It was pretty hot watching you punch Rafe"

I kissed him again, this time with tongue and he knew where this was headed. The pogues wouldn't be back for a while so we had the place to ourselves. We took advantage of that.

When the pogues did come back from the party we were dressed and watching a movie. John B asked what happened and JJ told him. They all hated Rafe and Sarah also felt bad as it was her brother. 

"I can't believe we were kooks and dating two of the worst kooks" I said

"Neither can I and I'm sorry I gave you shit for hanging out with JJ because if you would have listened to me I wouldn't have met my soulmate" She said kissing John B

JJ looked confused and I said, "Sarah's exact words were to stay away from JJ Maybank"

JJ and Sarah both laughed and it was funny now. We all gathered in the small living room to watch a movie together. 

I was curled up with JJ and Pope picked the movie so it was pretty boring. JJ whispered in my ear, "I can think of many things that are better than this movie"

"Like what?" I whispered back

"Come to bed with me and find out" He said 

"Twice in one day, huh?" I asked trying not to laugh as he smirked and got up and headed to bed

I followed him a few minutes later and everyone knew. He smiled when he saw me come into the room. He pulled me into bed with him and he kissed me.

We just made out for a bit but JJ seemed off and I asked, "What's wrong?"

He took a deep breath and he said, " Nothing, it's just my dad is being an ass. It's just the usual"

"I'm sorry, J" I said lightly rubbing his back

He showed me the texts from his dad and we ended up talking about Luke for a long time. Nothing physical ever happened between us and he said, "I'm sorry, you came in here wanting to have sex, and I totally ruined the night" 

I looked at him and said, "J, I would have followed you into this room for anything tonight. It's not just about sex for me. I'm happy that you're able to talk to me about things with your dad because I know it's not easy for you to open up and I love that you trust me enough to talk to me. I'm always here for you, I promise"

He kissed me and said, "Thank you, Kie"

He rolled over to make me the little spoon and we fell asleep. I laid there thinking about JJ and I felt awful for him and all things Luke has done to hurt his own son. I started making mental plans for JJ's birthday in two weeks. I realized he's never had a true birthday party. At least not the ones that I grew up with.

I had so much to do and I was going to need Sarah's helping pulling it off as a surprise.