Chapter 9

{ Doc's POV }

I was slightly surprised when Ren took my hand and pulled me into the classroom, although it wasn't that unusual for us to do things like this to each other. He'd just been a bit more limited on the giving end recently so I think it caught me off guard, but in a good way though. We were still learning and being tested on our safety guidelines and the teacher, Mx. Eeva, told us they'd be doing the demo tomorrow for the recipe we're doing Thursday. I was excited, we were finally about to get our hands dirty.

I looked up from my sheet after I circled the last answer on the page and there he was. He had his face resting on his hand and his dark brown hair curling over few parts of his face. He was pretty, I'll give him that, but he was no Ren. I turned my head trying to ignore the uncomfortable gaze in my direction and looked at Ren who'd finished his work and was now drawing a little stick figure comic of him wearing a crown and killing everybody.

I giggled at the childish drawing, which seemed to catch his attention, and then when he turned to face me I pushed a strand of his below-the-shoulder length hair out of his eyes and smiled at how adorably they stared back at mine. He leaned into me, placing his head on my chest and presumably giving that brunette a pretty nasty look as the expression on his face changed to an awkward one pretty quickly. I was slightly angled towards Ren as I'd spent most of my time in this class analysing what he was doing so he laid on me quite peacefully as I passed my hand through his hair.

Mx. Eeva had told us that we could pretty much do whatever we wanted to, except leave the classroom of course, when we finished our worksheet and that they'd pick them up after class was over. They seemed like a really cool teacher so I wasn't worried about getting in trouble for 'showing too much affection in class', which believe me or not, has happened to me before. It was last year and my class was doing a presentation on big historical events. We had the 8th graders visit so they could look at our presentations and ask us questions. Ren was in one of those grade 8 classes.

He came right to me and I hugged him, pet his hair, and set my head on his shoulder, that's all. My teacher however thought that it was too much and that a simple hug would've been fine but cuddling in class was a big no. She said that it distracted others and myself from contributing to this cross-class activity, even though it didn't. It wasn't like anyone else was visiting my stand anyway, and Ren didn't care about this much more than I did, so even if I wasn't 'showing too much affection' to him I'm sure he would've stayed at my presentation stand for the whole class either way.

I smiled fondly at the memory of cuddling him in class and at how this was going to be one of those memories as well. I looked at the time and class was going to end pretty soon, which I was happy about, but not at the same time. I was glad because we get to eat lunch after this but Ren had been all over me for the entirety of this class and I was getting used to it. It's no secret that I love him, I'm not afraid to admit it, so to say I don't cherish moments like these would be a lie.

I gave him a little kiss on the forehead and he practically purred, which caused me to let out a gentle chuckle. He hung on to me tightly and pulled himself onto my lap which was new, very new, it was even new for when we hung out at each other's houses, which was kind of surprising seeing as that's where he usually felt most comfortable. At my place at least. I didn't think much of it though seeing as I knew he was a bit tired.

Before I knew it the bell rung and Ren jumped slightly. He looked up at me and made a pouty expression before he dug his head back in my chest. Everyone else was rushing out of the class and I honestly wasn't quite sure what to do so I just sat there and waited for Ren to do something or for our teacher to tells us we need to go. Eventually Ren groaned, slowly dismounted me, and stood up with a slightly hopeful expression.