Chapter 8

{ Ren's POV }

It was time for LA now and we had a work period in the library with all the computers. It was nice, especially because I got one of the more secluded computers on the higher floor. I wasn't really sure what to write and what not to write as right now I was faced with the sheet that outlined this project and the first section is your past. My past?

I shook my head and groaned, I think this might be one of the worst projects I could be tasked with. I peeked my head over the computer I was using and saw Doc on the middle floor talking to some guy. I smiled, although it quickly faded away when the jealousy kicked in. I sunk back into my seat and spun my chair in circles as I thought of all the things they could possibly be talking about. I know it isn't fair for me to be thinking this way because if he's talking to someone else it's my own damn fault but I just can't help it.

"You should probably start by saying your name, when and where you were born, and how old you currently are." I heard coming from, well, all around me due to the spinning.

I stopped spinning and smiled though because I recognize that gorgeous voice and that wonderful accent, I looked up and there he was. He smiled back at me and sat at the computer next to me, set his stuff down under the desk, and pressed the button to boot up the electronic before he rolled over to me. His face adopted one of those grins he always had when he was about to say or do something mildly suggestive or had just done or said something mildly suggestive. He then leaned over to me and whispered in my ear,

"And then you can say how you've been the sexiest being alive since then." I struggled not to burst out laughing.

"You're such an idiot." I said as I stiffled a slightly flustered laugh.

"I'll take that as a compliment." He leaned back into his own chair as he spoke.

I rolled my eyes at his cockiness before I took his advice and started my essay type thing with, 'Hello, my name is Ren Smithers. I was born in South Africa fourteen years ago, 2001. My birthday is October 11 and I'm a Libra.' I sighed at how stupid that sounded but there was nothing I could do about it, this project was stupid so of course whatever I would do would end up sounding stupid. I looked over at Doc who seemed to be struggling to get somewhere with his computer as it seemed he couldn't access the WiFi. His face seemed extremely frustrated and then he took his keyboard and slammed it on the desk before he stood up and shouted,

"Ah fuck all of you cunts!" at the two lower levels.

"Doc!" Our teacher said in a scolding voice as she began making her way up to us from the lower level.

He looked at me with a mishevious smile, "Join me in detention?"

Before I could answer Ms. Awando cut me off, "Doc Emsven you are not allowed to talk to your peers like that! Go to the office right now." She scolded with an angry voice as she pointed roughly in the direction of the main office.

Doc kept his cocky smile, "With pleasure." He answered with a tone that matched his sarcastic smile.

And with that he went off to the main office and swatted away the teacher's hand when she offered to take him there. I knew he didn't need any help, he's a magnet for trouble that boy and the main office is like his second home. I bet he could even walk over there blindfolded. I giggled at the tought that he might double this grade again if he keeps up like this. I looked over at his screen and it was the no internet page of chrome with the little dinosaur. I decided I might as well play a game of it since I wanted to delay this project for as long as I could. With that in mind I rolled over to the computer Doc was previously at, pushed his chair away, and with a tap of the spacebar I started a game.