11: The Baroque Work

Start from the beginning

He liked Robin, but as an enemy, she ought to be annoying. Fortunately, it wasn't as if she was an irreversible villain, he could make her change teams if he managed to earn a meeting with her.

"R-right, Pell. We should discuss this with Father."

Unbeknownst to Hashirama's thoughts, Vivi agreed to Pell.

Then she turned to Hashirama to find him looking down at the scene with a frown.

"Hashirama?"

"You two should go." Hashirama turned to her. "I will fix the tree problem here. That was my job from the get-go, anyway."

Vivi looked at him with a contemplating expression before she nodded slowly.

"Alright. You should finish quickly then, and follow after us. Pell will take me to Alubarna by the sky, so we may be able to return even before you are done."

Hashirama nodded at her.

* * *

After some warning and a small chat, Pell transformed into his bird form, granted by his Bird-Bird Fruit: Model Falcon.

Vivi jumped above his broad shoulders and then the both of them gave Hashirama a nod before Pell leapt into the air, flapping his wings.

"Be careful of the storm!" said Vivi as she started to rise in the air.

Hashirama was looking at her as she waved at him, his mind busy contemplating– and because of that distraction, he didn't notice the 'accident' that happened right then.

Not even 5 seconds in the sky, Pell crashed down, hit by what seemed like a small meteorite.

Regaining his senses, Hashirama tried to catch them by making heavy bushes in the spot they were about to fall down at, but he was too slow as the two of them fell, with another person above them.

The person who had fallen from the sky.

"Kyahaha!" Even as Hashirama ran to the scene, worried, he heard a burst of cruel but cheerful laughter come from there. "Well, that was easy."

A blonde, grinning woman– who Hashirama had trouble recognising.

Hashirama stopped a few metres away from the laughing maniac, a blonde woman with green eyes and a maniacal grin, as she sat her butt on top of Pell's face.

Pell was unconscious, and Vivi was on the side, her arm bent in a way that it shouldn't be while she moaned in pain, her eyes half open.

The woman, Hashirama recognised soon.

Under a deep blue jacket, she wore a yellow and orange hat, as well as a yellow dress with a lemon-like pattern, lemon earrings, and white high-heeled shoes, which were poking at Vivi's stomach.

Mikita, or Miss Valentine of the Baroque Works.

If not for the dress, he may not have recognised her since her real-life appearance was quite different compared to the 2D appearance he remembered seeing in the anime. For reference, he didn't remember her being this striking hot in the anime.

But that didn't matter now.

She had hurt Vivi.

She needed to go down.

Hashirama gestured his right hand upwards and immediately wooden vines, one after another, crept out of the sandy ground and wrapped around her.

Mikita had noticed his presence by then, but it was too late as the vines were tightening around her stomach and throat to choke her.

"Akk-" Mikita choked on air, her eyes wide at the sudden attack. "L-let go-"

Hashirma felt through the mental connection with the vines as she increased her weight using her Kilo-Kilo Fruit, trying to free herself from this grip. But all it did was make the people under her suffer more, which Hashirama couldn't let happen.

He felt a tightness in his senses as his veins lifted up her overweight self, taking her away from his two companions, and dropping her to the side.

The vines didn't loosen around her neck and stomach, though, which made her glare at him in anger and horror.

"Keogh...! Y-you bastard!" she yelled. "Mr. Five, kill him...!"

Mikita barely managed to spit out the words as, to Hashirama's surprise, he heard the loading up of a gun on the side.

Hashirama turned to his right, finding a man standing on top of a sandhill far from there, a revolver in his hand, as he blew his breath into it.

'Shit!'

Hashirama cursed, knowing what was coming.

– Bang!

[Breeze Breath Bomb], a bullet made of air that was imbued with the power of Mr. Five's Bomb-Bomb Fruit.

Dodging was impossible, the man had already pulled the trigger, but Hashirama had managed to spread all his chakra around his body to strengthen it like a shield by then.

But in the end– he was a clone, not the real deal, he didn't have the same amount of Chakra, and the amount he did have wasn't enough.

One by one, the round of bullets was emptied onto Hashirama's body, bursting into an explosion upon it hitting him, and only two of them were enough as Hashirama— the Wood Clone —dispersed into a puff of smoke.

"—Cough!"

Mikita coughed, the vines around her neck loosening, though they didn't disappear. She pushed against the vines to release herself while Mr. Five made his way here.

"W-what happened to him?" Mikita asked, rubbing her neck with a rage-filled glare. "I didn't know you could make people explode into smoke?"

Mr. Five stared at her for a moment, his gaze unreadable due to the shade he was wearing, before he shrugged. "It happens from time to time."

"Ah... Aha, I see." Mikia sighed, decidedly ignoring him, and turned her gaze to the two people lying on the ground behind her.

Vivi and Pell were alone now, under the mercy of the maniacs of Baroque Works.

"Let's finish our job here." Mikita said, still bitter, as she walked towards the half-awake Vivi who was wearing a stunned expression while staring at the spot where Hashirama was just moments ago.

**

**

**

Master4thWall Note: Don't forget to rate the story, and maybe recommend to friends too!