Chapter 05 || Surprises

Start from the beginning

"uhm should i tell you?"

"of course, no secrets between us kiddo,"

"i'm writing a new book," she whispers with a giggle and the father gasps.

"ah that's great! i'm getting the first publication, and no bad stuff."

"no bad stuff, captain!" she grins, saluting to him. before she says anything more, the doorbells rings, bringing a frown to her face for she didn't expect anyone at this time. "dad, i'll talk to you later, someone's at the door."

"ah okay, call me after talking to taehyung. i'll arrange the tickets,"

"okay, bye," she smiles, waving at him, "love you dad,"

"love you too, honey, take care."

she hangs up quickly, heading down the stairs straight to the door. a gasp leaves her lips, stumbling a few steps back on having a big bouquet of flowers jumping right in front of her face along with a bunch of smiling yellow balloons. then there's a crackling sound and confetti is being sprinkled on her from above leaving her nothing but confused.

the flowers and balloons which were initially hiding a person's face behind them, lower now and reveals a smiling taehyung, making hayeon smile too, hugging him tightly, "i thought you have work," she mumbles in his embrace.

"i did," he nods, kissing her lips briefly and hands her the flowers and balloons. "but i had to be here, happy birthday in advance my love."

"what?" she laughs, glancing between his face and the flowers, "but it's still almost two weeks early, tae."

"i know," he enters inside, taking her to the living room and makes her sit on the couch, himself kneeling in front of her, "you're going to busan for a few days, your dad-"

"how do you know that? dad and i were just talking," hayeon frowns, getting a wink from taehyung, letting her know that they already planned this, "ah whyyy? you both always team up and leave me alone!"

"too bad you can't change that," he pats her cheek and smiles, "you'll be leaving in two days, your dad has arranged everything there. have the greatest birthday and be a big girl,"

"twenty-one!" hayeon cheers, "i'm so happy!"

"yeah, and for the big day i have a big gift for you. but since you won't be here, i guess i'll wait for you to come back."

"wait... you're not going with me?" hayeon stares at him, not getting any response from him which makes her sigh deeply, pushing the flowers away and leans closer to hug him, "no, i wanna go with you,"

"i'm sorry, baby. not this time,"

"please...? it's my birthday, and you don't say no to the birthday girl,"

"ah i see, but please try to understand sweetheart. i can't come with you for that long."

hayeon stays quiet for a moment, nodding slowly and pulls away, staring at his face with hopeful eyes and she contemplates before putting forth a little wish, "can i ask you something else then?"

"sure, anything you want," he nods.

"please try to come on the day of my birthday at least, just one day?" she tilts her head, trying to smile a little, but ends up looking down, "...or a few hours maybe?" taehyung stays quiet, just staring at her comprising her wishes, giving a last try, "okay, fine, you can call me at least?"

"you're so cute," he chuckles, kissing her lips and cups her face, "i'll be there, now smile."

"yes! thank you!" she chirps, wrapping her arms around his neck and kisses his cheek several times in excitement. taehyung pats her back before pulling away slowly and fishes out a paper envelope from his pocket, holding for her. "what is this?" hayeon asks, taking the envelope from his hand hesitantly and opens it, glancing at his face once.