[9] Cheers.

The drops of rain fell from his hair to the floor as he enters. Coby's eyes scans around the room. It reeks of crimes and sinners so he goes deeper to the counter table. "Boredom Jukebox" welcomes him with a shot.

He was never one to drink, especially the strong ones, but for the sake of his honor he shall be for tonight. It reeks of alcohol and smokes, the corner of his eyes caught a drug transaction, and his finger taps deliberately on the table.

Intel told him about this place five hours prior. He's not here for a capture or kill but a transaction himself. This isn't his proudest moment- or anyone in the Marine at all. To buy information from criminals, the very source of it, means how tight the underworld is and how pale the Marine compares to it. Alas, he's here to do the deed.

But, he couldn't focus on listening. Intel said he has to find one who makes certain notes and rhythm. It's hard to focus when he's sleep deprived and the singer has a velvety voice currently drowning him deeper than sea.

His eyes dart to the stage two tables away from him. A fair lady, silky hair, and eyes of a crystal. She's singing of a classic, a soundingly old memories from years ago. Right, Marine intel said something about this lady too.

What was it again? His mind rakes back with a frown until their eyes met. It clicked right away. Coby feels chill running down is spine when she smiled his way.

"Don't get enchanted by her or you'll fail."

A nervous smile appears on his face. OK, he failed the first step.

The music changes to the next one. Coby avert his gaze away and gestures to the bartender for one more of whatever. Heaven knows Helmeppo will scold him later but he's a bit cold and he shall blame the rain.

Coby takes a deep breath before taking a big gulp, hoping to ease his nervousness. He can't possibly fail this mission despite his own discomfort. He should've just worn his glasses.

Now, back to business, how's he going to find this mysterious informant when he's so close getting wasted and disappoint everyone?

Someone with a peculiar rhythm could be anything. It could be their way of speech, something in their habit, something in their clothes- Coby's tapping his finger again.

What was it again?

One.., two, two, three...

His eyes are halfway open, leaning is face on his hand as he thinks. This is like a puzzle, this has to be. He could be lacking something here. It's crucial to have plenty of information to proceed so he perhaps could leave now and-

"And~ It's rip, ripping us apart~"

Coby nearly jumped on his seat as his eyes shots open. He turns his face to the stage where the lady's already grinning at him. Oh, how beautiful the devil could be. Coby chuckles in disbelief, cold sweats running down his neck.

He tends to overthinking things but this is much simpler than he initially thought. Of course this bewitching singer has a distinct rhythm and he probably has to sell his soul to trade with her.

"This is a little concerning," Coby murmurs as he raises his half-empty glass to cheers to the lady. His stupid smile plastered across his face even though his heart is beating too hard. "I'm nervous and excited at the same time."

"But I swear I'm a good girl, officer~"