[3] Drunk and nasty.

"I'll be going first," Coby says, slurring unintentionally. The floor sways under his feet, almost making him kneel if Helmeppo weren't so fast offering his hand.

"You drink one glass." Helmeppo pulled the captain to stand up straight. "You good? Clearly not."

"Should've listened to vice admiral Garp. Thank you, Helmeppo. You can let me go, I'll head to my room." Coby massages his forehead, groaning. Once vice admiral Garp had joked Coby probably would pass out in one sip of alcohol. He'd confidence that wasn't the case; he's a full-fledged sailor of the sea after all.

Now he feels like passing out. 

Coby narrowed his eyes to navigate his way out of the pub. Then he looked at Helmeppo to nod. "I'm leaving them to you."

"Yep, there you go. Be careful." Helmeppo watches Coby leaves. It was amusing to watch like some sort of comedy theater.

Coby stumbles into stools, bumping into drunk cadets who are circling and cheering for him for no reason. They took him to a short dance, hugging each other, before finally letting the poor captain go. 

He drags his feet on the sand, finding himself along the shore. Certainly, because of the sand, he feels like floating walking. The sounds of the waves win him over. Coby shook his head and then looked at the sea.

Where am I again?

"Walking more should clear my head." He'd decided.

The small island is rather quiet. Thanks to the small population located in one part of the island only. Coby navigates his way to a more empty and quiet place. The full moon is out tonight.

He sat by a coconut tree trunk. Breathing heavily and starts regretting his decision to not go back to his room. Coby settles himself by unfolding his legs forward. The blood should circle better and this headache he'd just realized will subdue soon. 

"I forgot to bring water." He talked to himself. No louder than the waves greeting him every second. It is really..

.. peaceful.

Coby starts reminiscing his journey so far. If he were to say, he's extremely lucky, none of his friends would agree though. He's aware enough of his reputation as vice admiral Garp's student. He could understand why people call him a hero. But he cannot comprehend it all into something he should accept. 

He always had his own version of justice. Coby will risk anything including his life to fight for it. There always be a price to pay for it. He doesn't want to be naive. Even in the so prestigious marine holds the dark side. Thus why Coby knows what he did is what is right. Because it's the right to do that he believes he doesn't deserve such praise. It should be normal.

Coby bites down on his lips. He grabs his head staring in tears at the sand below him. He panted through his mouth for every air he can savor.

Such idealistic idea for someone like him.

"I-," he sobbed, "can I do this? I wonder if I can really do this? Become an admiral and build the world I want..."

A few moments later he hums as he's wiping his tears away. He chuckled into the sky. 

"Let's stop. I promised Luffy I will fulfill my dream." 

The cold breeze soothes him a little. The headache definitely still there but not too overbearing. He's should be better than this honestly. Long ago when he was still a chore boy he would stay up late at night learning and practicing. He would forget to eat and drink until someone had to remind him. Thankfully he was never sick from it.

Something clicked on his mind. Coby abruptly stands up before running deep into the water. Knees high, he barely holds himself straight.  The water freezes him. He looks at his reflection in the water.

He'd recognize his unchanged round eyes. An ever pink hair. Same old glasses. His cheeks are less round and his jaw has shapen finely. Coby touches his face and his stomach churns.

He's still him. Part of him change. Coby now isn't afraid as much as he used to. Again, he's still him. Now that he realizes all this makes him nauseous. How could he be so different and still be him?

"I have to get out here."

Coby released a long breath after washing his face with the salt water. It stings, cold, salty, and overall a good way to give himself a sense of feeling. He stands up looking at the end line of the ocean. 

Just a second ago Coby discovered how easily swayed he is by his own emotion. He's a crybaby no more, sure, but he's holding part of it. He can be pessimistic at times. Drowns in his thought for so long. As fast as he's become down he could be confident quickly. It should be good considering he wouldn't have time to be depressed as a captain.

It's just he feels.. disgusted. Of himself, the one he couldn't understand.

"Coby? Coby!"

"Ah! Helmeppo!" 

Helmeppo catches his breath, he shouts. "What are you doing there? Get back your ass here!"

"Coming!" Coby drags his feet out of the water. It could be from his new revelation but now his feet are much lighter. He smiles at Helmeppo which the blond finds unneeded.

"You weren't in your room." 

"I took a detour."

"To the freaking sea? At night?"

"We're sailing all the time but when were we really appreciating the sea?"

"Huh." Helmeppo throws a smirk as Coby is walking passing by him. "Did the alcohol bring out the mellow in you, Coby?" But the captain's nonchalant answer left him dumbfounded.

"No, not quite. I feel nasty."