~I have my eye on you~ (Enid rhee)

I stood near a tree watching my best friends Carl and Enid skating up and down the bumpy road, hand in hand.

I admired them giggling at each other. But I sat in silence. I wished to switch spots with one of them.

The way he looked at her. The way she looked at him. It made me sick. Of course I'd never admit that to anyone. I was friends with them and I didn't wanna ruin their relationship, let alone ours. It hurt deep down knowing I can't have what they had.

"Looks like you have a eye on someone huh," I was snapped out of my thoughts at the familiar voice. I turned slightly seeing Ron creeping towards me. "Didn't mean to scare you." He laughed. I smiled looking back at Enid and Carl. "I never that I liked them like that. I thought it was just a feeling you had with close friends. I can't help but look at them and everything changes. " I admitted. It felt good to finally say that.
"Yeah, I understand that. They look happy together don't they?" He said, changing the subject. "Yeah, I guess they do." You watched them holding on to each other, still gliding on the road.

"I just want to switch spots with him." You sighed. "Carl?" Ron questioned " Yes, I want her to look at me like that. I want to be the one there. Laughing with her. Holding her hand. " you let your secrets spill out finally. Ron sat and listened to everything second of your thoughts. Even though you guys had an on off friendship, you still reveal the bottled up secrets you kept hidden. And he listened.

I wanted to be there with her.
Not him.
Me.