12: Night

"SHE WILL FALL AGAIN AND AGAIN"

༺༻

LILITH'S POV

After that fiasco of bonding time with Xavier we all retrieved to the meeting place Weems told us to go. Every one was there and Wednesday did not look happy to be playing with other people.

I do not under stand why we celebrate a witch Hunter, a mass murder but I guess that life. The normies sat on one side while we sat on another. The news station was here filming everything. Weems and the major were stood up next to each other for the speech.

"Thank you, it is my honor to celebrate our town's history and Jericho's noble forefather, Joseph Crackstone" The major stops to gesture to the statue before continuing "Now, he believed that with a happy heart and an open ear, there was nothing our town couldn't achieve, so together as one, our community and our friends at Nevermore Academy, we've built a monument to celebrate his memory"

God did the dude breathe in that speech?

"Now may the spirit of Joseph Crackstone be memorialised for eternity" When he finished the band started playing and Wednesday frown depended. I do not know how Weems face does not hurt form all that smiling.

I say between Theo and Kent (not my choice), Enid and Kent smiled at escorted when the music started playing and I did not fail to notice Theo's hand position on Tulip's thigh. They were not slick and then he pressed the button and water poured out the fountains but it smelled like gasoline for some reason.
And then I saw the fire line burning it's way to the statue until it exploded and everyone run away the statue in.

Wednesday kept playing while I walked away only to be caught but the familiar set of hand of Xavier.

"Are you okay?" He ask spinning me around to check that I was okay.

"I am fine a swear" I said between the chaoes, sirens wailing, kids screaming and everything out of order.

Joseph's face melts slowly...

༺༻

I was in my dorm reading quietly when I hard knock came upon my door, I opened it quickly and see a sad distraught looking Enid at my door-step.

"What happened?" I ask letting her in closing the door behind me before I could sit down i front of her she insulted me in a hug.

"Ajax didn't come to our date" She cried out on too my t-shirt that now had colourful splotches on it. "And he didn't even text me to cancel he just didn't show up"

"Oh darling, something probably came up and he forgot to tell you" I say trying my best to defend my dear stoner friend. "What did you do?" I ask knowing when she got angry nothing ended up well.

"I slashed a bus" She says looking down, already regretting it.

"The poor bus, but look at least you don't slash a persone" I say rubbing he back "look Ajax is not the type of persone to just cancel without telling everyone something probably came up" I reassure her trying to make her feel better.

"I am going on a walk bye and thanks Lily" She saying getting up and leaving. I am now alone with my thoughts again.

So I took Enid's approach.... Who am I kidding I took out my vodka bottle and took multiple swings of it. Now I am seriously going to go for a walk.

I decided in my fucking drunk thoughts to go to our spot, me and Xavier's shed. When I got there the lights were on, so I stumbled over to the door and knock on it. The lights turn off and  abierto opens the door.

༺༻

XAVIER'S POV

When I opened the shed's door and there stood Lily. I was really confused she was swaying back and forward trying not to fall, is she drunk?

"Salem what are you doing here?" I ask locking the shed's door behind me trying to hide the scratch on my neck.

"I just wanted to see you" She says falling forward using me not to fall giggling, she never giggles she snorts like a pig.

"Are you drunk" I ask, I am so dumb of coarse she is drunk.

"No silly that illegal, and I do not want to got jell" She slurs out trying to not use me as a stand but failing miserably.

"Salem let's get you to your dorm" I say grabbing her arm to help her walk.

How the hell did she? No, why the hell did she? What does she been up to? And, how long has she been doing this?

"I love that nickname" She giggles out, why is she giggling so much?

"Salem why did you get drunk?" I ask, trying my best to help her up the stares. I know things have been rough at home but not this rough.

"Oh you know... I do not know, I just I don't want to bother anyone with my problems" She says and I feel my heart break, I remember when she was stressed she called me but now we Dont even say hi in the halls.

"You know you can talk to me" I tell her opening up her dorm room door.

"No I can't you always push me away" She exclaims trowing her hand up "You pushed me away for no reason"

"I know Saley but I am here now, ok?" I tell her putting her into her bed putting her duvet over her, tucking her in comfortably.

"I miss when we had sleepovers or when you played hide and seek with my siblings" She says and I smile at the memories. "They still ask about you when I go back home, Alex misses doing you make up and Jamie misses you teaching him how to spray paint. Now he skateboards"

"Tell them I miss them too" I say taking off her makeup with some makeup wipes I found on her nightstand.

"I always do, to not make them feel bad" She says drifting off to sleep when I finish taking off her make up.

"Good night" I say kissing her forehead, while throning off the night "and I am sorry for pushing you away, love you" I say closing the door.

༺༻