~19 𝐀𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍💜

Start from the beginning

“And so? How does that affect you? Was it dropped on your body? Do you know how I got that?” He yelled.

“If Daddy found out..., ”

“And how does that concern you? It's my business.” He paused. “You know what, get out!” He yelled.

I paused, as I felt my body vibrate in fear. I could see the anger in his eyes. It terrified the hell out of me.

“Just get out. Before I squeeze you with my bare hands.”

Did he just say that to me?

“Halimah, I don't just want to see you when I open my eyes.” He shut his eyes immediately after he made that statement. I felt the hot tears welling up in my eyes, as I tried so hard to control them. I didn't mean any harm, I was only trying to help.

I felt my legs move on instinct, and in no time I raced out of the room.

                 _____________________ 🖊️

   I had successfully drained every tear in my eyes, literally. I found it difficult to believe he would yell so hard at me. All for what? Hard drugs.

I was so sad and mad at the same time, that it felt like the sickness was coming back. My head hurt so bad already.

Throughout dinner, I could feel his gaze on me. Not even a word or apology. Even though I was so angry, and would have snubbed the hell out of him, if he tried that.

The gentle knock on my door, get my attention.

“Who is there?” I asked with my head raised up. I could clearly see the door was unlocked.

There wasn't any prior response. I stared at the door with concern, when I noticed it move slowly, and a head popped in at the same time.

He did knock. A great moment for him. Because he always barged in like it was his room or something.

I felt my heart beat unusual. I was anxious, and angry at the same time. I hated the fact, he always made me react like this. My heart always beats faster whenever he was around.

“Can I come in?” He asked.

I ignored.

No one says a word. I fed my eyes with my phone. Which I wasn't doing anything in particular, but just pressing the damn thing, with no idea or concentration.

I heard the door shut, but didn't look up. Then I heard steps, he hadn't left.

“I'm sorry.” His voice came low.

I didn't respond, nor did I look up, only kept pressing the damn phone, like I was actually engrossed. I could hear my heartbeat and was scared he could too.

“Hali.”

I felt his hand on mine, and on impulse, I look up. He was on the bed now. One leg squeezed backward, and the other bent forward.

“Leave me alone,” I said.

Did I truly want him to go?

“I had a bad day in school. I know it doesn't justify how I acted. I just needed it at the..., ”

He paused when I gave him an awkward look.

“It's none of my business,” I said trying to refer to his previous quote while I was in his room. “To think I only had your best interest in heart, you are doing hard drugs again. What is it was Daddy who was in my place?”

I felt his lips on mine, which came as a shock. My breath hitched, while I took control and pushed him off immediately.

“Don't try that again.”