A Kiss From The...Future?

Edited: 12/22/2022

Me and Xavier had enjoyed ourselves at Weathervane, cracking jokes and becoming more comfortable with each other. Until it was starting to get dark outside, and it was altogether a fun time. I completely forgot about Tyler, even though I refused to drink that drink and let Xavier drink it.

I learned more about him and his passions, his likes and dislikes. I'm almost glad Ajax didn't tag along, I reminded myself to thank him later...

---------------------Back at the dorms--------------------

By the time we got back to the school and split ways it was already past curfew. I walk into my dorm, seeing Ajax laying comfortably on his bed scrolling on Enid's gossip blog. Ajax notices me and set's his phone down, looking at me like an overprotective parent.

"Look who's back past curfew... you broke the school rules. But you do look a lot happier. This is way better than your day to day frown you've had going on for a week." Ajax states

"Are you my dad now?" I ask with a chuckle "Thank you for staying behind, at first I thought you were trying to get me killed or some shit. But now, I realize it was actually nice, and me and Xavier bonded a bit."

"Lord knows you needed to have a decent conversation with your Greek God. It was killing me that you stare at him yet don't say a word" He rolls his eyes, and as I look at him I clearly see something is bothering him

"Whatever you say Ajax. You look like something is on your mind? I'm gonna take a shower real fast and we can talk if you want to?" I ask him, slightly concerned for my roommate.

"Uhm, actually yeah. That'd be nice" He smiles at me before picking up his phone again.

I grab some clothes and head to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After the shower I changed into my sweatpants and t-shirt, before brushing my teeth.

I walk out of the bathroom and then look over at Ajax, "You wanna talk now?" I ask him, he just nods. I go over and sit on my bed, making myself comfortable. "So what's bothering you?"

"Well, uh, me and Enid are through. She texted me earlier and said she wanted to end it. She couldn't even bother to say it to my face. I didn't even get a reason, she left me here with no closure." He sighs

Then what Xavier said earlier ran through my mind. "Plus I'm pretty sure she has her eyes on a specific wolf" he laughs. "A specific wolf?" I smile, slightly interested in this information. "her roommate, Enid Sinclair"

"I think, I may have a slight reason on why she broke up with you...although I have no proof. But when it comes to the whole text and no reason thing, I don't have anything. I think that's just rude to break up with someone through text with no information, or closure" I look at Ajax with sympathy as tears began to stream from his face.

Even though I know this is a completely serious situation, he looks pretty when he cries, it might not make sense to some. But to others, they'd understand.

I get up and walk over to him giving him a hug, since he was sitting down his face was against my chest, his arms wrapped around my waist as my arms slung around his shoulders. I placed my head on top of his as I stood there to comfort him. His tears soaking my shirt, although I didn't mind it.

"Let it out, It's alright. You'll find someone better some day" I run my hands up and down his back trying to calm him down a bit.

"Thank you Grimm, I've only known you for a week, but I feel I can really trust you" he says into my shirt as his breathing steadies and his tear-flow slows.