Chapter 10

Chuuya's POV:

I know I was harsh on that bastard, but ain't my fault! I ended up caring for him, and I don't want to! It feels.. awkward to care, especially for him. But what I said can't be undone. I now have to wait for him to make an apology I will accept, and by knowing him, either it'll take him months, or he'll never do it. Since that day, I haven't had any contact with anyone in the ADA except Atsushi sometimes when he waits for Akutagawa to hang out with him after work. Today, when I came to work like any other day, Aku's vibe was.. I dunno how to describe it, BUT CLEARLY WASNT THE SAME AS EVERY DAY! I pulled him aside while he was walking towards the stairs. "What's up with you man? You're all happy, that ain't normal. And you're.. not acting depressed, you got some medical problems going on or what!"

He put his hand on his mouth and started talking. "First of all, rude. And second.. Atsushi confessed his feelings for me, and so did I. And now we're.. in a relationship." I don't know if I should be shocked it happened even though it was clearly visible from miles away or happy for them. "Congrats Aku!"

"We should maybe go on double dates one day.. me and my beloved and you and Dazai?"

"Excuse me? Me and who? I'm not talking to that asshole anymore. He was being so annoying and so.. himself that I just stopped talking to him until he gives me a proper apology for his actions."

"You know you might never talk to him- right Chuuya?" I knew he was right.. Dazai will never give an apology knowing him! What am I even waiting for?

"Just.. congratulations..!" I gave him a warm smile for letting him know I really meant it and left. I had a lot of missions to do and files to read, organize, and stuff like that.

It has been 1 week and a half since my last fight with the brunet. Lately, he's all I can think of, and maybe I was too harsh, and I know he'll not apologize. Today, was my day off with all the hard work I've done this week, even though I barely did a thing. I spent all day just sleeping or exercising myself for some future missions and trying to get stronger. "Well, 6:23 pm.. time to cook something to eat.. what do I have in the fridge?" I opened the fridge, seeing half of the food either rotten or just not in the mood to eat it today. "How about I take those snacks- where tf are they!?" I then remembered who ate them, and with disappointment, I slammed the fridge's door. I ended up making some pasta. When it was ready, I sat that the kitchen table, put something interesting to watch, and started eating.

"6:55 pm.. I could go for a little walk, but it's kinda cold outside.. nah, I'll play with my beloved hazel!" I cleaned the dishes after I ate and went to my cat. I took him and went into my bedroom, putting him on the bed. He was purring while I was petting him. "Oh, hazel.. you look so much like him.. but less annoying, like SO less annoying, but instead you're sweet!" The cat eventually fell asleep on the bed. I really wanted to stay beside him, so I took a book on my nightstand, put some reading light, and started reading. I haven't seen the time pass when I ended up finishing it. "8:31 pm.. could get ready to go to bed! I have work tomorrow, hope that asshole is in a good mood." I quietly stood up from my bed, without waking up hazel, and went into my bathroom. I did my skincare, let my hair down so it wouldn't be uncomfortable when I sleep and brushed my teeth.

I changed into my 'pajamas': just some sweatpants and without a shirt. I went back into the kitchen to drink some water when I heard someone ring the doorbell. "Huh? At this time?" I put on a shirt and went to the door. "Who is this?" I asked. No answer. So I just opened it. "Heyyy... miss me Chuu Chuu?" It was Dazai. He had a bouquet of red roses in his left hand and in the other, he was holding something that seemed like chocolates. Is he trying to ask me out? Or a shitty apology of his? "Dazai? What are you doing here?"