Chapter 2

Chuuya's POV:

Today was my day off.. normally a day we don't come to work.. but Mori, the port mafia boss, called me in for an "important" meeting. I had to hurry up because the meeting was starting in less than 10 minutes.. but lately it has been the market season, so huge crowds arrive out of NOWHERE AND TAKE THE ENTIRE SPACE ON THE STREET! It was hard getting through, but I had to rush, so quite complicated.. "ugh, it's too many people!" I wasn't paying attention to who was in front of me like I was lost in my thoughts when I accidentally bumped into someone.. their chest was hard as a rock but they still ended up falling.

I kinda hurt my face, that barely happens but still does. "WATCH WHERE YOU GOING ASSHO- wait... DAZAI!?" It was that annoying brunette with those mesmerizing hazel eyes that I could stare at for hours. "Ahh, Chuuya! Long time no see!" I wasn't really happy seeing that mackerel on my day off to be honest.. "It hasn't even been two weeks, you waste of bandages."

"That's still a lot to me you know!~"

He always does that tone to annoy the fuck out of me.. and the worse part is that he knows. But like it was Dazai Osamu on the floor, i just rolled my eyes and left in a hurry. "4:57 pm.. gotta hurry.."

I was in the elevator, on my way to the boss's office. "I hope he won't be dressing that poor Elise in dresses once again.." when I hit the highest floor, I had to walk a bit to reach his office. When I arrived at the door of his office, I sighed, knocked, and waited for an answer. Like he didn't say anything, I'll take that as a "come in!", so I entered. I looked rather disappointed when I noticed them... "Eliseeee! Put that dress on, you'll look great in it!" Mori wanted to see Elise in a cute orange dress, that even I found adorable.. but she shook her head, refusing to listen to him.

It seems that they both haven't noticed my presence, and they continued. "Why am I here again?" I just rolled my eyes, crossed my arms, and stood there. AHEM! They both looked at me, surprised. Suddenly, the lights were off and immediately back on, with all the dresses gone and Mori sitting at his office like an appropriate boss should- "Chuuya.. you better not say a word about this, understand."

I really wanted to say something like "everyone knows, Mori." but instead, I just nodded. "So.. you probably are wondering why I called you in today on your day off, am I right, Chuuya?"

"Yes, boss."

"Well, everyone is busy with I don't know what, but that's none of my concern. You're one of the most well-trained here, Chuuya. So I'll be sending you on a mission. Lately, someone had been threatening the Mafia.. and well, you know what I'm excepting you to do, right?" I took that rather surprised. "How could they think that threatening the Port Mafia will come with no consequences.. they really are idiots."

"I do, boss. Tell me the date, time, and location of the mission, and I'll go get ready for it." He handed me an envelope, thanked me and I left his office. I pressed the button for the elevator to arrive, and while waiting, decided to open the envelope to know the information I need. When I opened it, the elevator arrived, so I stepped in. I was checking through the information when something caught my eye. "Wait.. isn't that forest like miles away from the city? How tf am I supposed to get there!? I'll be exhausted from walking, my car and motorcycle are broken and-" The elevator opened once again, and I spotted Higuchi entering it. "Oh, Chuuya?" She asked "what are you doing here? Isn't it suppose to be your day off?"

"Mori called me in today. And I ended up taking a mission."

"Bummer must suck to work today out of all days.." That's when suddenly an idea popped into my head.. and I smiled..

"Heyyy, Higuchi.. are you available around midnight for-"

"For driving you to your mission because it's miles away and you don't have access to your motorcycle and car? Yes, I can." She knew what I was about to ask - one of the reasons I tolerated her. We arrived on the first floor, left the building, and went our separate ways.

11:27 pm. We decided to meet each other at 11:20 pm in front of my place so she could pick me up, but she was late... "WHERE TF IS SHE!? THERE'S NORMALLY NO TRAFFIC AT THIS TIME OF NIGHT!" After a few minutes, she finally arrived. I got inside her car and she started driving. "I'm so sorry Chuuya!" She started "I fell asleep and woke up not so long ago.." I was kinda pissed at her because it was freezing and had to wait.. but just sighed and let it slide.

When we finally arrived, there was no sign of anything alive. No cars, no people walking out their dogs, not even the sound of crows that terrify me before going to bed. I went out of her car and started walking. BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

I stopped and turn around, noticing Higuchi staring at me. "Girl, what!?" I couldn't see her facial expression because it was dark, but I could feel her negative aura. "Not even a thank-you Chuuya!?" I murmured thank you, and her aura changed from negative to positive and she drove away.

I continued my walk deeper into the woods when I arrived at an oddly-looking house if we can call that a house- I carefully investigated the area around it for any traps.. and ended up finding so many of them, terribly made. "Damn, they're horrible at it! Even I could have done it better with my eyes closed!" I went further in my investigation, when I noticed a little wooden base, hiding among the trees. Got closer to it and slowly opened the door to find stairs going underground. I silently went downstairs, when I heard some voices talking.. like asking questions to someone. I bent down so they avoid seeing me and continue walking silently down.

Then I saw something unexpected. "Is that.. no fucking way, not them again!" I saw Shirase and Yuan that I knew from when I was still working with my old organization, The Sheep, and I immediately recognized them. "Still ugly as ever I presume!" Shirase walked towards something, taking out a knife. I bent down, even more, to see what he was going to and.. "IS THAT DAZAI!? CHAINED UP!? H-HOW!" From my memory, he never got captured! Except for one time when it was the Mafia.. but that ain't the same! I quickly searched in my pockets and reached for a knife. Mori always asked me to keep it in case of an emergency, and today was the day I was gonna use it. But.. should I? I mean- it's Dazai

Despite the fact that I can't stand him, he was the first person I felt I can trust. So I threw the knife, and luckily, it arrived on dazai's chains, letting him free. Everyone suddenly turned, facing me.. "oh shit-" I took my courage into my hands, and went down the stairs. I grinned in confidence.

"I already saved him once, now twice. And only I can insult him, bitch!"