Chapter 8

Chuuya's POV:

This day was starting pretty badly.. 'cause when I arrived at work, Mori was in a terrible mood, literally insulting everyone around him, except Elise.. but still. I entered my office as usual and started looking for some missions to do when someone knocked on my door. "Enter!" And it was Kouyou who entered the room, and she didn't look as calm as usual. "What do I owe the pleasure to see you, Kouyou?"

"Well, the boss would be delighted to speak with you. But I must warn you, he's a little moody today."

"Oh, ok, thanks for letting me know! You can head out now." She left my office and after some moment, I did too. I was walking my way to the elevator, and I felt some weird aura around me. When the elevator's doors opened, I saw Akutagawa, but he was darker than usual. Like, pissed dark. He didn't even look at me, just stormed off, murmuring something. "Well.. I guess he saw the boss too." I took a deep breath and went into the elevator to reach the highest floor of the building. When I finally arrived, I was at the door of his office, when I knocked. I heard a come "you may enter." from the other side, so I gently pushed the door. I saw Mori sitting in a chair, looking at the view from the window as always. "Hello, Chuuya." He said in a mad tone.

"Hello, boss.. you called me in?"

"I actually did. I have a request for you. I know that you're lately been 'hanging out' with an old PM executive, Dazai Osamu, and you two seem close enough. Is it possible for you to go to the ADA office and take some important files? It might be good for us later. And you can destroy the place afterward, on your pleasure" I didn't know what to answer.."I mean.. I can't do that to that asshole! I hate him, I know, but not that much!"

"I'm sorry, sir, but I'll have to politely decline this offer. I might dislike Dazai, but not at this point. And.." I didn't get to finish my sentence when he stood up from his chair and walked to me. 

"Chuuya, this isn't a choice I'm giving you, I'm giving an order."

"But Mori-"

"Excuse me!? How dare you call your superior by his first name! This is a disgrace Chuuya!" And then punched me in the eye. I was speechless. "I will still not do it. Mori." He slapped me once again, but before I could get hurt, even more, I hurried to the exit and slammed the door behind me.

 "Well.. it didn't go as well as I thought. He's an asshole." I spotted some blood dripping on my clothes. I put my hand on my cheek and took it off to look at it, some spots had blood on them. "And he slapped me so hard that I'm bleeding.. great." I took out my phone and put it on camera mode. I looked at myself, and my face looked worse than imagined. I even had a black eye under my right one. I clicked on the elevator button and while waiting, styled my hair a little so we wouldn't see the right side of my face, where it had been 'attacked.'

When the elevator arrived, I entered and went to the floor my office was on. When I arrived, I saw Akutagawa beside the door of my office. "Well well, how'd it go? And what happened to your hair?" He got closer to me, trying to put the hair behind my ear, but before he could do that, I stopped him. "It went uhh.. better than expected, and just decided to style like that for fun." He looked at me like I wasn't being serious, and indeed I wasn't. I knew I was lying to him, and I think he does too. "Chuuya, I ain't that stupid, I know you would never make your hair look ugly then it already is, so please, let me see." Before I could answer, I stopped and just sighed in anger. He took the hair out of my face.

"Did he do that to you Chuuya?" I nodded slightly mad, but he was.. caring, that's not normal. "Well, I think Atsushi had an influence on him, he became an acceptable person." He examined my black eye and little blood stains, trying not to get too close, I could see it was uncomfortable for him to be that close, but I know he wants to help. "Go to your office, and give me your phone." I took out my phone in confusion, but he snatched it away from my hand quickly before reacting. "YOU BETTER NOT SAY A WORD TO ANYONE!" But he just ran off. I went into my office and sat at my table.

"Where is Aku!? And my fucking phone! I need it! ... Well, I can make a plan of how to murder Dazai the next time I see him.. do I mean that figuratively or literally though-? Meh, idk, both I guess?" I was in my thoughts when someone opened the door, and I was taken by surprise so I quickly stood up and punched whoever was it. "Ow, shit.. Chuuya, why!" I didn't understand at first when I got a better look and it was Dazai. "Well, he's 'dead' now!" He stood up, acting very childish. "The hell are you doing here!? How did you enter the building asshole!"

"I got some help.. you know, I still have access to the building itself, I used to be a port Mafia executive, remember?~" I kept silent.. it still hurt after so much time, he must've slapped me hard. That's when he noticed. "Chuuya, what's that?" He put his hand on my cheek and with the other one, closed the door. "What had happened?" He asked. With his thumb, he was caressing my black eye, but I took his wrist. "Since when do you care, Dazai." He took his hand off of my face carefully. "Was it Mori?" Once again, kept silent. I just couldn't hear his name once again

"YOU KNOW PERFECTLY WELL IT WAS HIM, DAZAI." I was mad.. at him, Mori. "Sorry bastard.. I'm just pissed at that FUCKING PEDO AND BIT-" before I finished, he pulled me into his arms, giving me a hug. I calmed down.. his body heat was pretty hot, and from all the anger, it felt good. "I'll deal with that asshole later.." he started but got closer to my ear and whispered, "you look hot like that anyways, Chuuya." I turned red and he let me go, giving me a smirk. "W-what are you even doing here, Dazai?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Akutagawa sent me a message that you wanted to see me..? Idk, but I knew I had to come! You're injured and you look like an emo ginger now." I overdramatized the offense I took, just for fun. "HUH! HOW DARE YOU!" And did a funny little thing, but he didn't show any emotions. "YOU CAN AT LEAST LAUGH, IDIOT!" and now he started. How mean can he be!? We were talking to each other as he tried to take care of my face.. but he was a little too close to my face. "Hey uhh Dazai? Why are you so close-" he smirked at me and immediately understood what he meant. I didn't know how to react, so didn't say anything. "Hey Chuuya, could you please explain me this file- excuse me.. am I interrupting something?" I and Dazai turned our heads to see Gin at the door. "Gin.. I'll pay you 10 bucks if you don't say a word."

"You can't bribe me Chuuya.. but I'll take them because I need to give 20 bucks to my brother.." I looked at her.. what? "DID THEY MAKE A BET IF WE WERE DATING!?"

"And for the record, WE ARENT DATING-"

"not yet~," said Dazai with a big smile on his face, and Gin looked even more disappointed. "30 now.. thanks, guys. Now give me the money, and I'll leave."

"Dazai, you give it." I said, "I left my wallet at home so don't have any money on me." Dazai sighed and gave 10 bucks from his coat to Gin, and she left my office happily with the money. I pushed myself back from Dazai, and he turned from happy to sad. "SEE WHAT KIND OF TROUBLE WE ARE IN NOW!? NOW SHE THINKS WE'RE KISSING EACH OTHER-"

"I mean.. we could-" before he could continue, I put my hand on his mouth to shut him up and he stopped. I took it off after a moment and looked at it. "Tell me Chuuya.. have you ever had your first kiss?"

... to be honest, never did. But.. would I be happy if it was Dazai? Partially yes and no.. "actually, no. But who cares! Love's kinda useless to me, what good does it bring except.. uhh"

"You have no idea because you've never experienced it. Here, let me show you." And he slowly got closer to me. He grabbed my chin and looked at my lips. "Dazai, what are you doing..?" 

He was about to kiss me.. I couldn't think straight. His lips were getting slowly to mine - when he received a notification, so he stopped and checked it. He was terrified of it. "Show me." And indeed he did:

From: Akutagawa >:|

Hello, this is Akutagawa typing. The boss knows you're in here because apparently, you used your PM card from when you were still working here, and he still has access to it. Now you better leave the building before you get killed. -Akutagawa.

"Oh, shit-" he said. "We'll continue that another day Chuu Chuu, now byee!~" and he ran off just like that.. "I nearly kissed him, got punched by the boss and Gin thinks I'm dating.. this day couldn't have gone better!"