Chapter 6

Chuuya's POV:

"Ugh! Dazai's so annoying! Is he still here though?" I walked up to my door and slowly opened it, trying to peek if he was still there, but he ended up leaving. I opened the door widely and noticed some paper in the kitchen. "Weird, don't remember putting something there-" I reached the kitchen counter where the paper was laying, and read the words 'For Chuuya :)' on it. I fully opened the little message to read:

Hey Chu Chu! Sorry, I was just teasing you, but I know you knew.. wanna meet up at 5 pm in front of the Port Mafia building?? Even if you say no, I'll be waiting for you! :D ( Ps: could you PLEASE keep your braids? You really look great in them! )  -Dazai

"Dazai can be such a kid lately- WAIT, SHIT, I HAVE WORK, FUCK!" I tossed Dazai's message on the couch, quickly ran back into my room, changed myself into my fancy-looking clothes because I decided to meet that asshole after work.. walked into my bathroom, and looked at my braided hair.. "I mean, it ain't terrible" I brushed my teeth in a rush, ran once again to the entry corridor, put on my shoes, and exited while taking my hat and putting it on my head. I didn't have time to take the elevator so I ran down the stairs, even though I nearly fell 3 times, I still ended up at work only 10 minutes late.. it's not terrible.

I asked Mori if I could leave work earlier than the previous days, and he agreed. I left the Port Mafia building at 4:55 pm, and already saw Dazai waiting for me, "isn't that guy early? That doesn't usually happen.." he was facing the opposite side of the area, which means he mustn't have noticed me leaving the building. I wanted to scare the shit out of Dazai, so I slowly walked up to him, but noticed he actually was on a phone call, so I tried hiding behind him, listening to his conversation. "Wdym you're out Atsu? ... wait, with who!" ... HUH!? WHYYYYYY! ... No! am not a drama queen! ... and why am I not at work? Because I'm waiting for someone ... why would I tell you if you don't tell me! ... yes, it's fair! ... Atsuuuuuuuuu! ... well, tell that 'lucky' someone that I say hi! ... ugh fine, bye!" And he hung up.

He put the phone away, still probably waiting for me. "I know you're chuuya, I can see you, corner view." I was kinda shocked.. "H- HOW DID HE NOTICE ME-?!" He turned around to face me, putting a big, warm smile on his face. He bent down because he wanted us to be the same height, obviously, he does that for teasing. He smirked and looked straight into my eyes. But I just slapped him, not too hard, but kinda gave some strength in it. "Oww! Tf was that for Chuuya??" He seemed upset, but now, I never fully trust Dazai's acts. He can just be lying and craving attention. "You can stand up properly. No need in teasing today." To be honest, today was a not-in-a-good-mood day, because everyone was mostly annoying the shit out of me.

"Had a bad day at work Chuuya?" I just sighed.. "Don't get me started on my work day Dazai.." Dazai started walking somewhere so I followed him. "Oh, cmon! You can tell me!~" I looked at him when he was talking about his own day.. there was something about him that I couldn't define yet. "Should I tell him about my day? I mean- either he can laugh about it and make fun of me or either he could be caring but that would be weird asf because it's Dazai and we're always fighting over random and useless things.. but I can't deny that he could sometimes be a nice and genuine person and-" I went back into reality when I didn't feel my hat on my head anymore. I looked up a little, seeing Dazai wearing it. "You really do think a lot, huh?"

He gave me back my hat and patted my head before I put it on. We arrive at some park, and I must admit, it was gorgeous! The combination of the colors, the buildings, and the beautiful lake across the park made it look splendid! I admired the view when Dazai suddenly stopped in the middle of the passage. Before I could say something, he covered my mouth with his hand and pushed me into a small space between buildings. We were inches away, I was a blushing mess and I was confused.. I never got to see him up close, it was.. different.

He looked back at me, and took his hand off my mouth, and instead put his arm above my head like there wasn't any space for the both of us to have our own space bubble. He was a little surprised and happy.. tf is he planning now? He tried stepping away from me, but he hit his head on the other building. "Ow shit! Got hurt two times today!" He rubbed his head while I was chuckling without him noticing. "What's all this about anyways Mackerel?" He pointed at some empty space between some trees.. and I didn't expect what I just saw.. "IS THAT AKU AND TIGER-GUY!?"

"That asshole.. he didn't tell me anything.." we said at the same time. He looked at me and giggled, but now I was more shocked that these two were hanging out together.. THEY NORMALLY 'HATE' EACH OTHER.. or maybe that's what they want us to think..

Then I suddenly got an idea of how to expose them and then chuckled. And when I looked at Dazai's face, I'm 100% sure he had an idea too. "You thinking what I'm thinking, Chuuya?~"

"Only I thought of it first, Dazai."

When we both got closer to them, I gave Dazai a harsh look, and he smirked and continued walking, meanwhile, with my ability, I got on a tree beside Aku and tiger-guy to spy on them. Dazai had hidden himself a little further, but I was more interested in what they were doing. I heard things like "this is cute on you, Aku!" as he was wearing a flower crown.. he didn't even react! That's clearly a sign of favoritism when we're colleagues! Then they both sat under the tree I was on. Akutagawa was playing with Atsushi's hair, finally remembered his name, and he was talking about how his day was. I saw Dazai looking at me, and I told him everything in sign language. From afar, couldn't see his facial expression, but I saw a thumb up, and I did one in response.

"Ok Chuuya, do this for uh- for who am I doing this for? Well, I guess Dazai? Idk.." I took a deep breath before swinging myself off the tree and falling, face first, on the ground beside Aku and Atsushi. They both looked terrified to see me lying on the floor, but Dazai came running to me before they could react. "Omg Chuu Chuu! Are you ok!!" I was actually covered in bruises and well, dirt because I fell on grass.. I really liked that suit though! Dazai helped me stand up.. "I- I don't know Dazai.. hey, is that Aku and Atsushi right here..?"

By both of their faces, we could see they were packing. They both stood up from the ground, speechless. "Oh, it is! But wait.. you seemed comfy together! Aren't you two enemies?" They both looked at each other, nodding to each other. "There's a completely legit explanation of all of this.. but before we answer, Chuuya, why won't you tell us why your hair is braided? You said you would change the way you style it. Is it Dazai who did this? Looks a lot like he would do that, aren't I right, 'Chuu Chuu'" Said Akutagawa with a bright smile on his face, as if he had figured out a case or something. "Oh shit." Dazai and I looked at each other, and now we were the one speechless.

"HOW DID OUR OWN PLAN GO AGAINST US!?" I was shouting at Dazai, back in my place, when he was putting bandages on my face to cover the bruises of my fall. "I don't know.. we haven't really thought of that. But you really did keep the braids! I haven't noticed! I knew somewhere in that shortie I could find some kindness!~" I was really pissed that I actually did what he asked for! And that 'cute' hairstyle as he calls it, blew our cover! "Shut up bastard! Just because I agreed to keep that fucking haircut, doesn't mean I- I'm gonna start being nice to you! Asshole.."

"You have such a way with words, Chuu Chuu!~" he smirked at me and put his hand on my thigh. I looked deep into his eyes.. they were gorgeous, but we got interrupted when Hazel came out of nowhere and started meowing. Then the cat looked at me, like a 'stop flirting' type of look.. "EVEN THE CAT- WE'RE NOT DATING!"