"Fair enough, neither can I. I'm on my broke bitch days," I chuckled and started walking out of the lecture hall. Usopp followed after me. "Maybe we could just swing by the sushi place and use some of my work credits since it's on campus."

"Yes! That sounds great," he agreed. "I'm pretty much in the same situation with money. I've been buying so much material for that go-kart for fun that I have nothing to spare."

I bumped his shoulder, "Speaking of the go-kart, what stage are you at with it? I've been wanting to see it, but we've both been way too busy."

He shrugged and opened the door for me, letting me walk outside before him. "I'll show it to you when it's done so you can see it in its full glory. I also just don't want you seeing it right now because you're gonna point out what can be fixed, and I want to discover those flaws on my own," he said.

"Yea, I do have a problem with that. But it's for the sake of improvement, not to rub it in your face," I told him as I jumped over the steps to the sidewalk.

He walked down the stairs and smiled, "I know. I've gotta impress you with how incredibly flawless it is when it's the finished product, though."

I laughed and rounded a corner with him at my side. "Alright, I'll be sure to be cartoonishly impressed when I see it," I joked.

"No, no, it's gotta be super genuine. You've got to audibly gasp when I unveil it and everything, out of real awe," he described, making little hand gestures to pair with what he was saying.

"Have you thought about what kind of designs you'll put on it yet?" I questioned. Usopp's got a knack for giving everything a certain flare when it comes to designs.

The grin on his face showed me that I asked the right question. "Of course, I have! I've been considering giving it some stripes outlined in black, and maybe giving the body a white color. The seats are obviously going to be black. I don't know what color the stripes will be. The steering wheel could be the same color as the stripes. Luffy suggested that I make spikes come out of the wheel rims, but I don't think that's a good idea since we cause a lot of property damage as is," he explained. He tapped on his chin at the last bit. "Maybe I should make the spikes retractable and hide the button so that Luffy can't find it."

I nodded, "That would be a good idea. Do you have any ideas for the stripe colors as of now?"

"Yup. Some colors that I have on the table are green, purple, black, and (fav/color). Probably the last one, actually," he said, rubbing the back of his neck and laughing.

"Oh really? Any reason for that color?" I asked as I opened the door to the campus food chain area. I thought he'd make it the same color as the forearm sleeve he always has on his arm. It's a white a blue striped, after all.

He walked through the door and adjusted the bandana tied on his head. "I mean, you still like that color, right?" he answered my question with another.

The door closed behind me and a laughed, "Yea, it's still a favorite. Thanks for remembering. I don't think Zoro even knows it."

"Well, by simple math, I think that makes me better than him," he said with a shrug.

I elbowed him and laughed, "I dare you to say that in front of him."

Sweat gathered on his brow as he muttered, "Um, I don't think that'd be good for my health. I have an illness called 'I don't want to die by Zoro's hands' now that I think about it."

"Oh please, like he would touch you. He knows better and he's a big softie anyway," I said.

"Emphasis on big. Cut out the softie part, too," Usopp corrected. I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me! You only think about him like that because you're his childhood friend. Everyone else can easily see him snapping someone's arm for asking him the wrong question. He's got that look on his face."

A Small Adventure (One Piece fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें