thirty eight

"Need a hand?" Jay offered, seeing a very pregnant Rachel struggling to work in the kitchen while holding the twins

"Need a hand?" Jay offered, seeing a very pregnant Rachel struggling to work in the kitchen while holding the twins. "Please." She sighed, handing Jay the twins.

Jay walked over to the couch and sat down with both Leah and Willow on his lap. "You miss Alexander?" Rachel asked as she walked to the fridge.

"Yeah, it's only been a day but it's the longest I've ever been away from him." Jay chuckled, messing around with the girls.

"Bet Grayson is rooting for a son." Jay joked, noting the fact there was three girls and one guy. "I'm sure you were the same." Rachel laughed, putting a hand on her bump. "Not really, I was just glad we were able to have a child." Jay shrugged and Rachel nodded silently.

"Would you have another?" She asked and Jay nodded immediately. "I'd do anything to have another. I'd love to have another daughter. But you know.. we're trying but.. we both knew there was a big chance Spencer wouldn't be able to get pregnant again." Jay shrugged, looking down.

"I'm sorry."

Jay quickly blinked and swallowed the lump in his throat, stopping his emotions from surfacing. "Jay?" Both Jay and Rachel turned their heads to the source of the voice. "Hey." Jay smiled softly, seeing his wife coming down the stairs.

"Let's just go, get this over and done with." Spencer croaked, bunching her hands up in her hoodie. "Okay, let's go." Jay nodded, standing up and passing the babies back to Rachel.

"I'm just a call away if she needs anything." Rachel reminded Jay as Spencer made her way to the front door.

———

Spencer was silent for pretty much the entire car ride, until they got to the hospital. "What the.. no, no!" She whined, seeing crowds outside the hospital. There was a lot of reporters.

People would just love to get their hands on this story huh? Cop comes to pull her ex fiancé who kidnapped her, beat her and raped off life support with her now husband. Man what a story.

"Make them leave." Spencer pleaded, slumping down in the car seat as Jay swung into the parking lot. "We'll just go straight in, they won't be allowed inside." Jay told her as he parked the car.

"I don't wanna do this." She shook her head, wiping her eyes. "I wanna go home. Please. There's so many people." Spencer was on the verge of tears again and possibly another panic attack seeing how many people were waiting outside the hospital.

"Spencer, sitting here isn't going to make them leave. We just have to go. Talk to none of them, don't give them anything. They've already invaded your privacy enough spreading those photos of you and the information in the case file. You owe them nothing." Jay explained to her and she nodded, taking a deep breath as she sat up.