Chapter 9 [Arguments]

Start from the beginning

"Did you forget? I've always been there to listen to what Ei has to tell me. And what she tells me is what's most important in this situation."

He was desperate to hit your face, to utterly demolish it. Scaramouche punched the edge of the rolling table instead, being sure not to harm you, with all of his bottled-up rage from your whole dispute. He stepped away from you and glanced at the ground, unhappy.

In fact, his bottled-up rage was so intense that he began to cry.

You

"... Why are you crying? You're not the one being locked up and beaten with one meal a day. Not even a day, more like one meal every three days."

Scaramouche

"Shut up."

His heart was pounding with wrath, then it slowed down as he just wept. A few seconds later, he realized how humiliated he was, hugged himself, and then left your cell, leaving the door wide open. 

He was aware of the repercussions of his actions, and he promised himself that he would only deal with it once.

You couldn't believe what you'd just done. You? Make Scaramouche cry? Were your insults that bad?

Now you've done it. It wasn't until a few minutes later that you really recognized what you'd done. You reflected on what you had told him now that you were calm. It wasn't until now that you understood you were guilty of all you'd said to him. 

You felt sorry for none other than the "emotionless" puppet. You couldn't help but start throwing insults at Scaramouche in every way imaginable because of the mood you were placed in after having to deal with Dottore beating you to a pulp and having to cope with the annoyances of pain in your body.

You

And even after he cared for me, I still said all those terrible things.

Scaramouche returned after many hours. You were bored as you lay on your side on the rolling table, still not restricted to it. His eyes and nose were both red and puffy. You thought it was adorable, but that's not the point. 

Scaramouche sat in the chair, his arms folded, his head against the wall. He seemed exhausted. Very exhausted.

Scaramouche

"So. I'm guessing since you know that part about my three betrayals, you basically know everything about me?"

You

"... Yeah."

Scaramouche

"Even my connections with Dottore from years ago?..."

You

"Ei knows it all, and so do I. She tells me everything."

Scaramouche

*Scoff* "So what, are you gonna use that against me too?"

You

"No. I'm done with the insults. I was in a shitty mood."

Scaramouche

"Pfft. Yeah, because a shitty mood causes you to say a whole paragraph aloud about someone's past and ridicule them about it."

You

"Listen, I'm sorry, Scaramouche. You insult me every day, plus I was just beaten up by Dottore. Do you know how terrible I felt?"

Scaramouche

"Do I know how terrible you feel? No- Do you know how terrible you made me feel? I'm embarrassed to say that, really, but it's the goddamn truth and I hate that you said those things. I hate you for saying those things."

You

"Right. Sorry, I forgot that this isn't about me, it's about Scaramouche."

Scaramouche

"No- It's not about me, it's not about you- Well technically, it really is about you, because those insults were honestly so backhanded."

You

"Why are you so offended? What the hell do you want me to do? I've already apologized. Stop acting like you didn't make fun of my non-existent family on day one. My feelings were hurt, and you didn't do anything about it, so I won't care for your feelings either."

Pantalone

"Is there a problem here?"

Pantalone inquired as he stood at the far end of your rolling table.

Scaramouche

"Shit!... How long have you been there?"

Pantalone

"Long enough to hear basically the entire argument."

You

"..."

Pantalone

"Scaramouche. I'd like to ask just why the locks that are supposed to be on the door are on the ground. And why is Y/N not confined to the rolling table?"

Scaramouche

"... Sorry. I forgot."

Pantalone

"You forgot? But it's been about 5 hours since you took them up to your room to wash them up."

Scaramouche

"I apologize."

Pantalone

"..."