What if?

As they ate their food, her mother talked about what she did during her business trip, and Violet played the part of a girl mourning her best friend and talked about Will's funeral. Her mom reached across the table and grabbed her hand, telling her that she was sorry that she wasn't there for her. Violet told her that it was okay, and that she was just happy that she was here for her now.

She couldn't tell her mom the truth, she'd never believe her anyway. She would just say she's being delusional and not accepting the fact that Will was gone, and she really didn't care to have that talk with her.

She had her own plan, and it didn't involve the other boys. She was gonna go back to the lab and get into that gate, fight off whatever monster was lurking inside of there and get her best friend back. Even if she had to kill the monster of a man who started it all, she was gonna bring Will home.

When her breakfast with her mom came to an end, and the afternoon rolled around as she got back home, she walked up to her room and told her mom she was gonna take a nap. When in-fact, she was gonna dress up for a rescue mission and make an escape through her window.

She put a black DC Raven t-shirt, a pair of black jeans that she rolled at the ankles, and she pulled on her signature purple jacket. She styled her hair into two braids that rested on her shoulders, and she stuffed her feet into her black and white chucks.

Then she walked to her closet and pulled out the extra sheet she used to make El's fort, she sat on the edge of her bed and tied the sheets into rope, then once she finished making the rope she needed she opened up her window and threw it down. Once she made sure it was close enough to the ground below, she walked over to her backpack and grabbed her compass before zipping it up and pulling the straps over her shoulders.

She glanced over at her desk at her walkie for a few seconds, she doubts she would need it, but the better part of her leads her to the desk to pick it up and clip it to her jeans. She locks her bedroom door, and crossed over to her window. Then she carefully climbed out and gripped onto the sheet that hangs out her window, she slowly goes down it, and eventually her sneakers hit the ground.

She bolts around the house and makes her way to the garage, she opens it and prays that her mom doesn't hear her as she grabs her bike and walks it out before putting the garage back down. Before her mom even has the chance to wonder who opened their garage, she hops on her bike and gets to pedaling, leaving her home behind her as she begins her journey back into the woods.

Since she didn't remember exactly where the lab was hidden smack dab in the middle of the woods, she used to compass that was strapped to the handle bars of her bike to lead her there. As she walked around the trees, smashed leaves beneath her sneakers, and stepped on twigs, she heard movement from somewhere behind her.

She halted in her steps, her eyes wide as she looked around for whoever was in the woods with her. Then, she hears a twig snap and she whipped her head in the direction that it came from. Her eyes landed on the mocha skinned boy with his bandanna tied around his head, and an orange jacket over his arms, as his hands gripped tightly to his bike that he was walking through the leaves.

It was Lucas, the very last person that she wanted to see.

"Violet?" He asked her, his tone filled with disbelief. She rolled her eyes and turned around, keeping her pace as she continued forward. "What are you doing here?"