9: the boy problem

⚠️ warning: sexual assault (non consensual touching and kissing occurring between two students at top gun) ⚠️

i was sitting in my office that same day when midnight came walking into my office in a total mess of tears. she closed the door behind her and sat across from me.

"midnight, what's going on?" i asked.

"i...i didn't know who else to come to," she said, "i think i've been harassed."

"in a sexual manner?" i asked her and she nodded. "would you mind if i documented this for proof reasons?"

"not at all," she said, "i'm just...embarrassed."

"you shouldn't be embarrassed at all. whatever happened wasn't your fault. you deserve justice for whatever happened to you and that's what i'm here for. i'm on your team," i said.

"okay," she said.

"now, tell me what happened," i said.

"brian sand, call sign beach, and i were walking down the hallway to lieutenant bradshaw's class and i thought everything was normal. then he looked around, threw me against a wall and began to try to touch my..." she motioned to her chest.

"your chest?" i asked and she nodded, "alright, what happened then?"

"he tried to kiss me," she said, "and i never gave him any consent to do any of this."

"did anything else happen?" i asked her.

"w-well yes," she said, "logan anderson...he got me out of there."

"call sign?" i asked.

"rider," she replied.

i had midnight sit in my office while i went to the instructor's lounge and found rooster sitting down eating some of the mashed potatoes from dinner last night. i stood in the doorway and he looked up slowly.

"good afternoon, lieutenant," he said.

"rooster," i said, "what can you tell me about rider?"

"logan?" he asked and i nodded. "good kid, little too ginger for my liking."

"this is not a time for jokes," i said, "i need to know: would he do what you did for me all of those years ago in top gun for a female classmate?"

"he wouldn't think twice," rooster replied without hesitation.

"and beach?" i asked.

"he's like idaho," rooster answered, "cocky, flirtatious, doesn't entertain 'no'."

"thank you," i said, "may i use as a source in my report?"

"this actually happened?" he asked. i nodded. "to who?"

"rooster, i can't just tell you that," i said, "we work at top gun now, a student and their sexual assault and/or harassment cases are confidential."

"i'm an instructor, (y/n)," he said, "i'm not a student anymore."

i sighed. he made a somewhat good point that i found convincing. this case was becoming his business as an instructor. "midnight."

"what?" he asked, "beach wouldn't even think of touching her. top gun has top security."

"not particularly in that hallway by the hangar," i answered, "everyone always forgets about it."

"that's where it happened to you, too," he said.

"there's too many parallels here for my liking," i crossed my arms.

"babe," he said, "let me help you with this."

"bradley-" i began.

"(y/n) mitchell, i know you're strong enough to handle this, but let me help," he said.

"fine," i agreed.