"All of a sudden Medina have a ghetto booty?", Tracy quizzed while Medina herself passed them with a guy on her arm. Grace took off her sunglasses and squinted at it.

"I think she stuffs.", Evie replied to Tracy.

"That slut ain't got shit compared to these double cheeseburgers.", Astrid commented loud enough for Medina to hear as she shook her. Medina's whole face scrunched up in disgust.

"Shake it, don't break it, bitch.", Medina spat at Astrid and despite Grace and Astrid being friends she had to stifle a laugh because Medina was kind of right. Everyone else laughed at Medina while she walked off with the guy.

Javi approached the group of girls and hugged Astrid. Tracy sent heart eyes to the boy as he did so. Grace was excited because he seemed to of liked her back.

"Hey Marcus, Javi.", Evie greeted seemingly flirtatiously, hugging and kissing Javi's neck. Maybe the girl was naturally flirty, but she seemed to cross boundaries that she knew were up.

"Hey, Tracy, can I holler at you?", Javi asked and Grace was quick to nudge the blonde with a grin. Tracy only smiled at her before walking away with him. After a moment, Evie walked over and handed Javi her number. A real one this time despite how Tracy and Grace first met the girl.

Only moments later, both girls returned squealing causing all the girls in the group to scream along.

༺☆༻

ASTRID, EVIE, TRACY, and Grace all walked out of school together discussing the Javi situation. Grace noticed her mother across the parking lot, so she stuck up a finger signaling her to give her a minute as they all talk.

"Okay, I don't want him to come to my house and see Mason and the loser.", Tracy voiced to Evie as they all paused in front of the exit.

"Let's all go to my place.", Evie suggested before glancing around the three other girls. "But my aunt only says one friend at a time. I'm sorry, Astrid and Grace."

Tracy shared a blank stare with Grace at that. Tracy was almost positive she would've ended the night at Grace's house after watching a corny romance movie. Evie linked her arm with Tracy and walked off leaving Astrid and Grace alone. Astrid took one look at Grace and scoffed.

"Fuck you and your double cheeseburgers!", Grace called out after the bleach blonde as she walked back into school grounds. Grace huffed before walking up to her moms car angrily.

"I'm gonna assume school wasn't that good.", Mara said quietly before turning on the radio. Grace sighed before tilting her head back. The car ride was silent. Never in a million years had this happened. Mara always sparked up a conversation with her daughter about workplace gossip or about the newest episode of Law and Order. On the other hand, Mara knew her daughters temper and never liked to push. So, a silent car ride it was.

༺☆༻

ONCE GRACE FINISHED dinner, that was surprisingly good since her mother took the recipe straight from the cookbook instead of freehanding it like past attempts, her mother insisted on ice cream sundaes for dessert.

Mara poured, like, half of the container of rainbow sprinkled onto her bowl of vanilla ice cream while Grace watched with an amused expression.