The Talk

This is a two part one shot, both parts focused on different plots. This one is a Klance moment, next is about the exercise.

Keith huffed as he waited in the training area for everyone else to arrive, his blade resided in his hand as he'd just finished training for the past several hours. Allura had angrily called for them to meet the night before specifically in the training room, and Keith knew exactly why.

Early yesterday morning, the paladins were called out to protect a planet named Jubagantian- whatever the heck that means... Keith mumbled under his breath. While they all diligently fought their separate battles, it was clear some tension had grown among some of the members. Specifically Lance and Keith. While separately, they were a force to be reckoned with, together they were a mess.

Lance had recently changed, he started avoiding eye contact with Keith, got angry at him for no reason, yet Keith would still catch Lance staring at him sometimes. He found it odd considering how close he thought they'd gotten recently. I guess he didn't feel that way Keith thought briefly.

Lance's random behavior had almost cost him his life this time though. Lance and him had been fighting the same group; Keith would stab a few Galra while Lance would shoot the ones that tried to sneak up behind him. It was going great until a few remained, in which Lance had zoned out mid battle. He shot a few Galra absentmindedly staring at Keith while said man killed another Galra, but Lance was too distracted to notice one come up behind him.

Keith wasn't however, he saw what was about to happen and quickly made his way to his new- well, he thought he was- friend. Lance had noticed this, and looked at him confused until Keith had tackled him to the ground, where he had sat for a second in bewilderment. Keith quickly rolled onto his feet and stabbed the Galra in it's gut, fending off from a few more as he made the first comment spoken between the two during the entire battle.

"Lance! Stop quiznacking drooling over any living thing you find and start fighting! This is a battle field, not highschool," Keith scowled in anger. How dare he try to get killed. Doesn't he see we need him? Keith thought as he took down a few more guards. Lance, who quickly snapped out of his daze, shot up quickly and helped him finish the few guess that were left. "Pardon?! I do NOT stare at things, that's like, mega creepy," he stated disgustingly, as if Keith had offended him deeply.

Keith faltered for a moment; he didn't want Lance to be upset with him, and he wasn't actually as angry as he sounded. He was just worried about him. He thought about apologizing, but couldn't as when they finished fighting, Lance walked off immediately, reaching for his helmet to report to Shiro on their progress. Keith could hear the anger in Lance's voice as he talked over the intercom. He could hear Shiro's sigh from where he stood despite Shiro's microphone being muted. He could tell another fight had ensued and most likely thought Keith started it.

Instead of complaining, Shiro simply said "let's form Voltron and take out the rest of them quickly; we will talk about this later." Keith and Lance followed orders and got in their red and blue lions respectively.

Keith tried to shake off the grumpiness Lance had given him with his random mood swing, but couldn't seem to get why it bothered Lance so much. What did I even say? He wondered as he lined his lion up with the rest. He ignored it in favor of getting this over with. Unfortunately, life had other plans as the lions floated in space, doing nothing as the remaining Galra had prepared for attack.

"Why aren't we forming Voltron?" Pudge wondered out loud. "Bet it has something to do with Keith," Lance commented frustrated. "I didn't even do anything to you!" Keith shouted back uncharacteristically. This caught the attention of Shiro because next thing Keith knew, the paladin's dispersed and took out the rest of the Galra and returned to the ship. The only comment made was Shiro telling him to calm down.