~Nancy and Shelby~

-Stuilly
----------------

Stu stared out the living room window from the couch. They had 2-inches of snow but for some reason his college was still open, he was just glad he didn't live on campus. School had been tough which made him glad that he had Billy and Grim to come home to.

Speaking of Billy, where the hell was he. Usually, he would be home from work an hour after Stu got out of his lecture. It was bad often that Billy dropped out of college the first semester, but now he was staying at work for so long.

But, it didn't matter. Stu wasn't clingy. Yeah.

The blonde finish up his studying, before sighing, remembering that Grim was still the only person beside him. Though, it was good enough for him. He loved Grim, even though she was only 3 years old they were still close.

Stu was pulled from his thoughts by the orange cat rubbing her face against the corner of his notebook. "Yeah?" The blonde asked, putting his things down. "You hungry?" He continued, getting up and taking her in his arms.

He placed her on the counter, going into the cabinet. "Damn, looks like this is the last can. Don't worry I'll get dressed and go get more." Stu says, opening the cat food. After, he quickly went up stairs and grabbed his snow boots and jacket.

Stu slipped his bag on, saying bye to Grim on his way out. He called a taxi as he walked down to the first floor of the apartment complex.

-

Stu walked around the grocery store, getting more than just cat food. And no that was not because he couldn't find it. But, he couldn't find it.

Luckily there was a pet store across the street. He paid for his things and headed over. Stu walked in, the smell of pet shampoo filling his sense of smell. "Hello!" A short redheaded girl said, walking up to Stu.

She had a blue apron on, covered in groomed pet hair. "Hi." The blonde replied, waving slightly. "What are you looking for today?"

"Im just looking for food for my cat." He smiled. "Oh! Okay well, aisle 3 has all of our verities of pet food." The redhead girl said, before going back to washing animals. Stu nodded, heading over to that aisle. He reached out taking a couple cans of wetfood off the shelf.

Stu was startled out of his thoughts by a high pitched bark. He looked over to see a brown and white Sarabi puppy. "Aww." The blonde coo'ed, walking over to the glass window of the room it was in. "That's Shelby!"

Stu jumped, turning to see the same girl from earlier. "Oh I'm sorry! I thought you saw me." She giggles, before turning back to the puppy. "Her and that kitten over there are the only ones who haven't been adopted." She says, letting out a sigh.

"What kitten?- oh." The blonde was caught off guard by tiny black and white kitten stared up at him. It was almost the size of both of Stu's hands but was a little to small. Quite the size difference from Shelby who was about the size of the woman's forearm.

"Would you like to go into the room and pet them?" She asked. Stu told himself he shouldn't, Billy would be home soon. And Stu had to finish his homework. But-

Look at them! Who was he to turn that down?!

So yes. He went in the room.

Putting his stuff down at the door, Stu walked in and sat on the floor. He reached out his hand, letting both the animals warm up to him. "Hi!" Stu smiled as Shelby jumped on him, licking his hand. The cat gave a little meow before curling up next to him.

Stu and cat were startled by his phone ringing. "Hello?" The blonde answered, throwing a toy for Shelby. "Stu where are you?" Billy asked, Stu could hear him locking the front door. "Oh I went to the store."

"....Is that a dog?" The brunette asks again, hearing Shelby barking. "oh I went to get food for Grim. I got a little distracted." The blonde laughs. "Yeah, where are you. I'll come pick you up."

---

Billy walked into the pet store, seeing Stu had already checked out but was still playing with the animals. "Hey. You ready to go?" Billy says, sitting down next to him. "I dont want to leave them!" Stu says, petting the kitten that was sleeping in his lap.

Shelby ran up to Billy, jumping on him. "Stu." "Please!" Stu yanks on Billy's arm. "Just let think about. But not today."

"Billy look at them!" The blonde yells, "They're all alone! Please babe!" "...What about Grim?" Billy asks, not totally saying no. "They are both good good with other animals. And plus! Are lease says we can have up to four animals in the house."

Billy looked down at Shelby running circles around the two men. "Fine-" "Yes! I love you!" Stu smiles, pulling Billy in a kiss. "Yeah, yeah, Ill go tell the lady."

--

Since Stu convinced him to adopt them Billy got to name the cat. He named her Nancy and groaned as Stu carried the cages out to the car. "How the hell did you convince me to do this?" Billy asks leaning his head back on the headrest. "Because you love me!"

"Apparently."