Chapter 42: Going Forward

Start from the beginning

F/N specifically watched Sofia, who was off to the side, not comfortable with the idea of being friendly to the people she had killed. Cruz was with her, trying to convince her that everything was fine now. With his ears now sharp, he continued to listen until he heard a different set of steps behind them.

The daemons that were summoned by Rimuru appeared before them and bowed, "My lord, we'd like to express our deepest gratitude to you for becoming a demon lord."

"Who are you?" Rimuru asked, hurting the one daemon emotionally.

"My lord," Ranga spoke up from Rimuru's shadow, "This person is one of the daemons you summoned."

Slowly Rimuru seemed to remember, "Right, it must have been awful to have kept you waiting. You can go home now."

The daemon suffered more emotional damage. F/N slapped Rimuru on the shoulder and pointed to the daemon crying, "That's not what he wants, give him a name and let him follow you."

"Wait, really?" Rimuru stood up and faced the daemon, who kneeled in response, the other two followed. "That's really what you want?!"

"Yes, it's as Lord F/N says," The daemon lowered his head. "Would you please consider?"

Rimuru was hesitant, thinking about it, "Alright, I understand. Then from now on, you're a part of our group."

"Thank you very much for your kindness, my lords!"

Rimuru looked over to F/N, "How'd you know?"

"Bonds," F/N's single-word answer made Rimuru's eyes widen.

"Bonds? As in-"

"[Lord of Devotion, Gremory]," F/N's skill activated, sending a sensation between Rimuru and the daemon, telling Rimuru that he was truly already sworn loyalty to both of them. The other two had as well.

"Wait, then the reason you survived Shion's cooking, is you borrowed a resistance," Rimuru figured out.

"Not a word to her," F/N said, then shifting the topic back to the daemons. "You three will need names. Actually, that reminds me, [Raphael], should I rename the other?"

It is highly recommended that they be renamed.

"Did you just use [Raphael]?" Rimuru's eyes opened more.

"You never said I couldn't," F/N shrugged and had the formally named Aruru, Nyx, Helios, and Erebus summoned, causing onlookers to form. "I'll only ask once, does each of you want to be named again?"

"I'm up for it," The spirit of light said, the spirit of darkness nodded in turn.

"I see no problem in doing so," The third spirit agreed.

"Without question," The loyal wolf.

"You two," F/N pointed to the large daemon with long black hair and the smaller daemon with three eyes. "From what I understand you two were willing to sacrifice your lives for my resurrection, so I will name you both as thanks."

"It would be our honor," The taller daemon spoke. "We will serve without question."

"Then I will give your names first," F/N pointed to the tall one. "You are [Moros], and you," He pointed to the small one, "Are [Apate]."

F/N went on to name Helios, Nyx, Aruru, and Erebus. And much to Rimuru's surprise F/N did not fall asleep after naming them despite each evolving afterward. After Rimuru named Diablo, Benimaru approached with company, the three Beastketeers. Gathered at the slime's house, the three sat across from F/N and Rimuru.

"In regards to your evolution to Demon Lord, and for F/N's resurrection, we wish to express our sincerest congratulations," Albis expressed as they lowered their heads.