Lies of the Jedi (Anakin Skywalker)

Start from the beginning

The trip was pretty fast. Perhaps it was because of Altheria's intentions to get back so quick that the trip went rather smoothly.
The second the ship touched down near the Jedi Temple, R2 and Altheria quickly raced inside. The Jedi had filled in R2 on what was happening, and the little droid wanted to help out in any way he could.

Altheria could sense her husband nearby, and she followed his force signature. He was inside of one of the conference rooms alongside Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, and Mace Windu. Master Windu looked up from the hologram that the trio was analyzing with a frown on his face,
"Care to explain why you're here and not on Toydaria with the Senators."

"I sensed a tug in the force that I was needed here more than I was with them," Altheria answered, not wishing to throw the Chosen One under the bus. Windu already despised Anakin, and that would just rub dirt into the wound.

"The force never wrongs you, Master Altais," Obi-Wan said in approval. Somehow, he must know why she came, and it wasn't the force. He knew Anakin had told Altheria about Ahsoka's apparent crimes, "We could use you anyways. Master Skywalker can fill you in on what's going on."

Throughout the next several minutes, Anakin, alongside Obi-Wan and Master Windu filled Altheria in on what was happening. Altheria acted like this was the first time she was hearing of this, and luckily she was a pretty good actress,
"So what does this mean for Ahsoka?" she asked after they'd finished.

"Once we find her, we will start a trial and take all necessary actions required by the laws of both the Jedi and the Republic," Windu began, "This could include jail time or expulsion from the Jedi Order."

Altheria could feel Anakin's anger spiking at the Jedi's words,
"I know my Padawan— she didn't do this."

Windu's brows cocked inwards into a frown, "Perhaps, considering your feelings and biases towards this particular situation, maybe Master Altais should take your spot in the search."

"Padawan Tano is Anakin's Padawan!" Altheria snapped in disbelief at Windu's recommendation, "Out of all of us here, Master Skywalker is the best man to have on the job. He knows Ahsoka."

Anakin straightened up beside his wife and nodded. Altheria could not believe the amount of hatred and anger towards Windu that Anakin was having, yet she couldn't blame him. If Windu suggested for her to remain out of the case if something happened to her Padawan Suth, she would be livid.
Windu nodded after a moment, "Alright. I am sending you and Master Skywalker to check the Coruscant underground's with the Coruscant Guard."

"Why do we need the Coruscant Guard?" the Chosen One asked while crossing his arms over his chest, "She won't do anything."

Master Windu stood up straight and glared at Anakin. The look said 'do not question me.' Anakin promptly shut up.

After a few more moments of discussion, Anakin and Altheria headed out of the Jedi Temple and caught up with a small squad of Coruscant Guard members, run by Commander Fox. The Commander agreed to come and help the two Jedi find Ahsoka,
"We've heard what's happened with Padawan Tano," the Commander began while motioning for his men to start descending into the lower Coruscant area, "It's a real shame. We really liked her."

"I hope you don't believe the rumours," Anakin quickly snapped, his anger rising again, "She wouldn't hurt anyone."

The Commander shrugged and mounted the elevator that takes sentients lower into the planet, "What do I know, sir? I'm just following orders."

Anakin and Altheria followed the Commander down the shaft and into the dirty under world streets. On every corner was either a drunken man stumbling about, or some homeless person appearing to be lightly asleep. Altheria even saw one with a knife tucked in his hand in case someone desperate enough decided to try and rob him.
Suddenly, Anakin stopped in his tracks and looked around, "I can sense her."

Altheria placed her hand on his wrist and held it tightly, "Send the Guard away. Ahsoka will run if she sees all the Clones."

Anakin nodded in agreement and barked some quick orders to the Clones about spreading out and looking for the Togruta in groups. Anakin then lead his wife to the spot where he sensed his worried Padawan.
It was a mechanical facility; abandoned by the looks. Altheria could make out her shadow in one of the upper rafters,

"Ahsoka?" Altheria whispered as the shadow began to bolt, "It's Altheria and Anakin. We are not here to take you in!"

"Just go away!" she yelled anxiously while jumping to a different rafter in an attempt to escape, "I didn't murder those people! I was framed!"

Anakin grabbed Altheria's hand in desperation for his Padawan, "We know, Snips! That's why we are here! We want to help you!"

Ahsoka didn't even try to listen. The fear in her voice was similar to a caged animal. It absolutely broke Altheria's heart.
Before Anakin or Altheria could try and help her, Ahsoka leapt from the highest window and out into the Coruscant night. She landed on her feet; stumbling a bit, but quickly got back to normal, and sprinted away,

"Ahsoka!" Anakin yelled desperately; his voice cracking from sadness, "Out of everyone in the Order, I would expect Ahsoka to trust me the most... the Council has ruined our relationship..."

Altheria grabbed his hands in hers and leaned her forehead into his, "She will come around eventually. This is all so frightening for her— she will come back when she wants: when she knows we are telling the truth."

"What will I do without her by my side?" Anakin whispered while closing his eyes in defeat, "She's all alone out there. Commander Fox might find her and hurt her... or she could get captured by Bounty Hunters."
Anakin's thoughts were spiralling out of control with all of these new feelings.

Altheria sighed deeply and pushed her lips to his, "We will find her, my love. She's capable and smart. She will not get captured by Clones or Bounty Hunters alike. Trust your Padawan. Trust me. We will get through this together."

Anakin took some deep breaths; pushing his tears away before they could fall. He kissed Altheria's lips once more and nodded vigorously, "You're right. You're always right."

Inhaling his warm scent, Altheria grabbed his hands and lead him out of the building, "Let's go report what happened to the Council. They'll need to know."

"Frankly, we don't need to tell them anything. With Ahsoka fleeing, they'll suspect her stronger."

"I guess we will be keeping more than one thing from the Council then," Altheria nodded, referencing her and Anakin's secret marriage, "One more thing won't hurt them. Especially since we know Ahsoka is innocent."

The Chosen One sighed in relief and nodded, "I love you so much. Thank you for always taking my side."

"If I married you, it's expected that I'll always be on your side, my love," Altheria smirked; wiping away one of Anakin's tears with her thumb, "Come on. Let's go home."

December 20th, 2022