College Service | t h r e e

Thank you so much Sheersimplicity_ for editing this! I love you!

Chapter dedication to my love and Baymax lover viability (angel T.) check out all her books they're all so good.

• • •

College Service | t h r e e

• • •

Maxie Foreman

"Hello, good evening sir, ma'am. My name is Victor, I'll be your waiter for the evening. Would you like some drinks?"

I stiffen at the familiar voice who hovers over us, Mark's hand tightens around mine and I sigh heavily and look up to face our waiter. Mark looked annoyed, I can practically see his eyes murdering Victor in different ways inside his head.

What is this? Is this some kind of twist of fate or something?

"I'll have water please and Max? What do you want?" Mark asks sullenly.

I cleared the nervousness in my throat and look up, as my eyes settle on a pair of familiar gray orbs. I knew it was a wrong move. Those fucking eyes haunt me in my sleep.

"Max? Oh, man, it's you!" He exclaims in recognition.

Fuck.

My throat feels dry all of the sudden, I look at him and his face is contoured with joy, grinning from ear to ear.

Oh dear Lord, please let the ground crack in two and swallow me down.

I force myself to curve my lips into a smile resulting in a little twitch. The effort is quite painful, physically and mentally. My heart throbs once again at the awful memories, that were slowly and forcefully worming into my brain.

Ever since I saw him two days ago, everything I locked up inside came flooding back. It's making me dizzy.

This is exactly why I don't want to see him. My God, life can be so cruel.

"H-hey." I wave awkwardly. My voice came out raspy as if I ate a handful of sand. I cleared my throat.

"Hey... " I repeated, my voice trailing off, unable to say his name. His grin widens, he's waiting for me to say his name. But it won't let out.

"Victor. it's Victor." He says as if sensing my hesitance.

"Yeah, Victor." I chided, shivers running down my spine.

Mark cleared his throat, reminding me of his presence.

"You two know each other?" Mark asks a little suspicious as his brow furrows. He looks pissed.

I can't really blame the guy, he was interrupted, Mark obviously prepared for his little speech and gathered a lot of courage.

I was about to say no when Victor beat me to it.

"We do, well, sort of... I was mistaken for somebody else she knew, I'm Victor by the way." He said still grinning, sticking his hand towards Mark who looked at it with distaste.

Mark didn't bother to take the boy's hand as he looked at me questioningly. The rational part of my brain made an excuse for his action and thinks of his Social disorder hence not taking Victor's hand, ignoring the irrational part that whispers he's being a douche.

"When was this?" He inquires with a little attitude.

"Two days ago," I answer silently.

Mark doesn't know anything about my past. Not even his name, he asked me about Tyler's father, but when I answered that he was dead, he stopped inquiring. He must have sensed the anger in my voice and stop asking since then.