Words are said, the closed casket is lowered into the ground, yellow and white roses are dropped ontop of it and with that, the funeral comes to an end. Everyone begins to leave and Violet and the boys head over to Mrs. Wheeler's car since she brought them there after they biked to Mike's place to meet there before the funeral.

She drives them to the place where the funeral reception is being held, and while Karen and Ted go to speak with the other adults and mingle, Violet and the boys head off on their own. They have a plan in mind, and they need to talk to Mr. Clarke, as soon as possible.

And so, they begin their search around the reception, and eventually, they find him standing at the table getting some refreshments. And since they're there, Violet picks up a plate and uses the tongs to get herself some cheese on stcisk. Dustin has the same idea, and he grabs himself a few Vanilla Wafers to snack on them.

"Mr. Clarke." Mike's voice grabs his attention, and the science teacher turns around to face them.

A sympathetic look washed over his features, "Boys." He tips his head at her, "Violet, How are you guys holding up?"

"We're...in... mourning." Lucas replies awkwardly.

"Yeah," Violet bites the cheese off of two sticks, "I'm emotional eating. I eat alot when I'm sad."

"Man, this aren't real Nilla Wafers." Dustin comments, shaking his head.

"We were wondering if you had time to talk?" Mike asked Mr.Clarke.

"We have some questions." Lucas noted.

"A lot of questions." Mike affirmed.

Mr. Clarke led them to an empty table, and the four of them sat down. "So, what questions do you have for me today?" He asked, his gaze moving between the four of them.

"So, you know how in Cosmos, Carl Sagan talks about other dimensions?" Mike questioned him, "Like, beyond our world?"

"Yeah, sure." Mr. Clarke nods, "Theoretically."

"Right, theoretically." Mike nodded.

"So, theoretically, how do we travel there?" Lucas countered.

"You guys have been thinking about Hugh Everette's Many-Worlds Interpretation haven't you?" Mr. Clarke assumed.

Violet blinked, "Uh, can you explain that, please?"

"Well, basically, there are parallel universes. Just like our world," Mr. Clarke explained, "but just infinite variations of it. Which means there's a world out there where none of this tragic stuff ever happened."

"Yeah, that's not what we're talking about." Lucas shakes his head.

"Oh." Mr. Clarke muttered.

"We were thinking of more of an evil dimension, like the Vale of Shadows." Dustin put across, "You know the Vale of Shadows?"

"An echo of the Material Plane, where necrotic and shadow magic-"

"Yeah, exactly." Mike interrupted Mr. Clarke, "If that did exist, a place like the Vale of Shadows, how would we travel there?"