16. Gavin

I watch Pope carve out a heart on John B's tree. JJ steps away from me and writes "John B Routledge. P4L."

JJ raises his flask.
"To John B."
"And Sarah." We take a sip. Kiara buries the box and I lay a flower on top.

Everyone still believes John B killed Peterkin. We know it's not true but of course what we know isn't given any thought.

It's the last day of summer. I'm planning on meeting up with JJ after his shift.

There's a knock at my door.
"Come in." I say. JJ walks in.
"What are you doing here? You don't get out until 12." I ask.
"Got fired." He says.
"What?"
"I told everyone Rafe killed Peterkin. Kelce and I started fighting." He explains.
"Come here." I say patting the bed next to me.

"My shirts covered in like 3 different drinks." He says.
"Take it off." I say smiling. He slips it off pressing his lips on mine.

The door opens.
"Half naked boy!" Dad yells.
"Dad!"
"JJ can you explain why you're shirtless in my daughters room?"
"Well I got in this little thing at work and got drinks poured on me and didn't want her bed to smell like alcohol." JJ explains.
"Oh. Umm why don't you two go out. Go do something. You're always in here, it's your last day. Go."
"Okay, thanks dad."
"And JJ I know you keep extra clothes here."
"Right." JJ says pulling a shirt out of his drawer and putting it on. Dad leaves.

"Now where were we?" I ask. He smiles leaning down to kiss me.

"Let's go surfing." He says pulling away.
"Okay yeah." I say.

He grabs his shorts and goes into the bathroom while I change into my bathing suit.

We walk downstairs and I drive us down to the beach.

"Race you in the water." JJ says starting to run. I drop the bag and follow after him. The water is still warm and the sun is still strong. The waves aren't too bad.

After a bit we take a break and we take photos and post them.

y/n: