∙ ୨୧ only words : 26 !¡

now playing . . .
» close : nick jonas «
0:00 ─〇───── 3:55
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

◢◤◢◤◢◤ YOUR POV !

Five minutes after noon, you woke up. Someone new sat behind the receptionist desk— a girl with bright red hair and a mostly blue outfit. When you got closer, you read her nameplate. Nilou.

"Hi! How can I help you?" Her voice was much softer than the old cat receptionist.

"I'm here to visit a patient. Raiden Scaramouche. He was admitted last night." You tried to stay calm, keep your voice level, and prepare for rejection.

"Alrighty. What's your relationship to the patient?"

"Huh?"

"Friend? Sister?"

"...Girlfriend?" Why didn't you sound so sure?

Nilou frowned, "I'm sorry. Hospital policy, only immediate family is allowed in unless specifically requested by the patient. And, according to the reports I have, he is still unresponsive."

"If I say please, will you let me?" You said. You laughed at yourself, Nilou smiled woefully, so you nodded and turned around.

You sat back down. Your phone had died before the sun rose— maybe you should have been better at conserving battery. You sighed. Infinitely bored, infinitely exhausted despite sleeping at some point, infinitely worried. Patient confidentiality or whatever the reason was you couldn't see Scaramouche was officially the worst thing ever.

Part of you expected his mother to walk through the door. You could picture it. The temperature would drop, time would slow, and everyone would stop what they were doing in order to see to the woman's every want. You figured that was the effect Raiden Ei had on people, given your first interaction with her.

You stared at the generic art on the wall, signed by some guy named Albedo.

You watched people come and go.

You ignored the nurses who passed you. Especially the one who offered you a snack. I don't need any of you right now.

You knew exactly what you wanted, what you needed. Who you needed, and so did they. But according to some rule, in some book, you could not have him.

Hours, minutes, or maybe days passed before someone approached you. With black hair that fell just below his chin and doctor coat, you read the Dr. T. Gandharva embroidered on the breast pocket. He held a clipboard and seemed... stoic and gentle at the same time. As if he felt the pain of all his patients so much, he couldn't feel anything.

"L/N Y/N?" Dr. Gandharva asked.

You nodded and sat up a little straighter.

"Raiden Scaramouche asked to see you. Please, follow me."

You got up. Nilou gave you a small smile and you trailed behind the doctor. Into the elevator, down several hallways, up another flight of stairs.

Eventually, finally, Dr. Gandharva stopped in front of a sterile white door in a sterile white corridor identical to the previous one. You looked at him, he nodded, turned, and walked away. You hesitated for a long, long minute. What would you see on the other side? Scaramouche.