∙ ୨୧ trivial tribulations : 02 !¡

comments

comments

u/n : i do 💍
shinoboo : hotties ong

◢◤◢◤◢◤ SCARAMOUCHE POV !

Scaramouche failed to see the meaning behind little things such as likes and comments. Nothing more than mindless chatter to fill the void, something he had written a concerning essay about in freshman year, warranting a visit to the guidance counselor despite his mother. But he still found himself trying to type something, to no avail.

If it was as easy as filling the void, why couldn't he do it?

Scaramouche went to the other girl's profile, Y/N. Her feed was full of seemingly constant activities with friends. At or outside of school, taken by her or someone else. A variety of things. He didn't, and never would, understand the satisfaction behind this and he didn't care to try. He hit the follow button and moved on.

It continued like that, as he found people he knew like Ayaka and Thoma, or those he only heard of, like Yoimiya, Itto, and Shinobu. The whispering voice of Professor Amenona filled the room around him, but Scaramouche still didn't pay attention.

private messages (missfrostflake, scaramoucheee)

missfrostflake
Hey, I didn't know you
had an Instagram!

Why are you talking to me? He couldn't decide if it was beneath him or her to be messaging the other.

scaramoucheee
ive had one, never rlly used
it tho

missfrostflake
Ah, alright. Glad you've
started using it

I'm having a party on
Saturday, you're invited!

scaramoucheee
seriously...?

Why would she invite him? Why would he show up? The world was filled with small phenomena like this entire conversation.

missfrostflake
Yes, ofc! We're friends, at
least I think so. Hope to see
you there 💕

Not like he had anything better to do, for a moment he genuinely considered going. Scaramouche had the urge to ask who would be there and keep talking to Ayaka, but the answer was obvious and his attempts would be futile and unnecessary. This would be Kamisato Ayaka's party. Everyone who wanted to go would. And that was about everybody— ever. It wasn't worth his time.

Yet, he still marked the date.

Scaramouche tapped his pencil against his notebook. Nothing about Professor Amenoma's lecture seemed important, nothing about what he wrote or emphasized was relevant to the current content. Scaramouche had heard of the professor's tendency to digress before taking his class, but he didn't think it would be this obnoxious. He took a breath, turned to an empty page, and started a new sketch instead.