She's Come Undone

Start from the beginning

  "But Cressida wasn't evil," I said. "Why would she be in the Shadow Lands?"

  "Well if you paid attention in your history lessons with Emmett, you'd know that a few decades ago there was a coven of witches who teamed up with The Brotherhood to mess up The Otherside because of this very reason. The coven was called Vindifila, and they wanted to prevent witches from channeling dead witches from the Bright Side because witches were beginning to learn how to resurrect and they wanted to keep the balance of nature. So, with Vindifila and The Brotherhood working together they screwed up both sides. Some witches who were deserving of the Bright World were sent to the Shadow Lands, we don't know who for sure but there was an extremely good chance that Cressida was one of them."

  "So... what theres just no hope?" I asked.

  "No, I'm not saying theres no hope," Lena said. "I'm just saying that the whole things incredibly risky - plus we only have a limited amount of time for you to even learn it."

  "Can I please just be the first one to say that this whole thing just sucks."

  "Believe me," Lena sighed, "You're not the first one to say that."

  She crossed the room to where a wine cabinet was held and brought out a bottle of what appeared like Scotch.

  "Want some?" She offered moving to grab a class.

  "Lena... it's after midnight, almost one in the morning." I told her, "I really don't think you need Scotch."

  "Trust me, I need this." She sighed, taking a big gulp. "It helps."

  "Helps with what?" I argued. "Pushing the problems that you have away? Does it mute the pain of having lost your family? Lena come on, you don't need booze to help you. You're not even the legal age anyways."

  "God," She sighed, a small laugh escaping her lips. "You're just like everyone else. Marcus, Emmett, Wena, Cedric... all of you guys try to get me to talk and I'm so sick of it! I like booze okay, I don't expect it to push away all my problems but this is the way I deal with it. And so what if I'm not of age! Come on even you have a fake ID!"

  "Doesn't mean I use it," I mumbled back. "But seriously Lena, if your still grieving fine. But think of a different way to do it. There are other ways you know."

  That was it, I did something. Something in that last little sentence just made something inside Lena click. It was as if all humanity left her body in one split second. She threw her scotch glass against the wall and as it shattered to pieces she began the screaming.

   "What the hell do you know about grieving!" She yelled. "You haven't lost anyone before Bella! You still have your parents and you didn't have anyone else to lose! I lost everything. My dad, my mom, my little brother, my home! I have nothing while here you are having everything that I've ever wanted. You didn't find out you were a witch until a freaking week and a half ago! I've had to deal with this for a hell of a lot longer then you and guess what it sucks. This is my way of dealing with things. I like to drink, I like vodka and being a horrible person. Doesn't anyone get that? If I get close to anyone there just going to die! Everyone around me they - they just... they just die!" She was crying now, even as she screamed at me the sobs were threatening to come out no matter how much she resisted them. Until finally she gave up and collapsed to the ground in hysterics.

  "Oh my god," I whispered as I rushed over to her.

  "Everyones gone," She cried. "I'm never going to see them again and it's all because of them. I-I can't do this anymore it hurts so bad... they're gone my whole families gone!"