Chapter Nineteen

Madison skipped dinner with Bella and Charlie the following night. She was tired and really didn't want to go to the diner. She just wanted to be alone. She could hear when her family got home but didn't bother getting up to greet them. She had a History essay due the following day and needed to finish it.

She didn't hear when Rosalie entered through the unlocked window. She had her headphones in, blasting Motley Crue. Even without her vamp hearing, Rosalie was sure she would've heard it. She gently tapped Madison's shoulder, biting her lips so she wouldn't laugh when Madison jumped.

"Rosie! You scared the fuck outta me!" Madison exclaimed, ripping her headphones from her ears.

"Sorry, love," Rosalie grinned unapologetically.

Madison had to fight a giggle at the pet name. Rosalie placed a Monster and a granola bar on the desk.

"Brought you something," she smiled, tapping the top of the energy drink.

"Thank you," Madison smiled, going for the Monster first.

Rosalie pulled the drink away.

"Eat," she ordered.

Madison huffed, but listened. Rosalie was stubborn, more so than anyone she had met before.

"Happy?" Madison grumbled with her mouth full, cheeks like a hamster.

Rosalie hummed before placing the, now opened, Monster down and exploring Madison's room some more. She smiled at the hearts and flowers that had been added to the wall since her last visit, noticing some roses in the mix. She was sure if she had a heart it would be beating out of her chest.

"Nice flowers," she commented, loving the pink tint that took on Madison's face.

Madison pretended not to hear her, writing more of her essay instead. She could barely focus on what she was writing, distracted by the presence of Rosalie.

"How's Jasper's essay going?" she asked as she wrote some more.

Rosalie turned with an arched brow. She wouldn't admit she was jealous.

"Fine."

Madison was taken aback by Rosalie's tone but brushed it off. She knew vampires had heightened senses, so she assumed that so were their emotions.

"You reckon if I make a painting for him or something, he'll do my essay? This thing is kicking my ass," Madison groaned, stretching her neck and cracking it.

Rosalie grimaced at the sound.

"I don't know"

Now Madison was confused. She turned from her desk, facing the blonde.

"You okay?" she asked, grasping one of the vampires hands in her own.

Rosalie rolled her eyes.

"Yes."

Madison furrowed her brow and stood up. She towered over the blonde but, for maybe the first time since she became a vampire, she didn't feel threatened by the imbalance.

"I don't believe you," Madison whispered.

Rosalie swallowed the venom that had pooled in her mouth. Madison noticed the action and smirked slightly. She moved closer the Rosalie, the latter taking steps back until she hit the bed with the back of her knees. She sat on the bed and Madison moved to kneel between her legs.

"Rosie, what's wrong?" Madison asked, peering up at her mate through her lashes.

Rosalie's eyes darkened.

"Why don't you ask Jasper," she snarked, trying to deflect.

She knew it was illogical. Not only was Madison her mate and felt the bond, but Jasper also had his own. He would never make any attempt to woo Madison, and Madison would never attempt to seduce anyone but Rosalie. She didn't care though. Her heart was fragile, and she had only really started putting it back together again after meeting Madison.

Madison laughed softly, though not mockingly.

"If I wanted Jasper, why would I be spending all of my time thinking about you?"

Rosalie's eyes widened and a grin spread across her pink lips. She didn't know how to respond. Madison gazed at Rosalie's perfect smile, her own forming in response. She leaned up slighting, brushing her nose against Rosalie's.

"I know it's improper, and it's definitely not how I wanted this to happen, but can I kiss you? Please, Rosie?" Madison begged.

Rosalie nodded.

"Words, Rosie."

"Yes," Rosalie whispered.

Madison softly connected their lips, almost moaning at how surprisingly soft Rosalie's were. They were cold, and there was a slight marble feel to them, but Madison didn't care. She moved to be sitting next to Rosalie, gingerly putting her hand on the blonde's knee. She didn't raise it any higher.

Rosalie smiled into the kiss, wrapping her arm around Madison's neck and pulling her impossibly closer. Her body was on fire. No, fire didn't feel like this. She was being struck by lightning, every nerve in her body going on overdrive. Her brain had short-circuited, all she could think about was Madison. Soft, but slightly chapped. Warm. Home.

The two would have continued making out like horny teens if it wasn't for the front door opening, scaring the two apart. Rosalie smiled at her mate, giving her one, two, three more pecks before leaving through the window. Running home, the smile on her face never left, and neither did the emotions almost bursting from her skin.

A/N

They kissed!!!

Honestly, that wasn't my plan for this chapter, like at all, but I like how it turned out. They're honestly my favs. I love Madison more than any OC I've ever written (which is a lot, btw, I just never publish them). Although Yasmin is close. She's my OC from my Rick Grimes work, which you should def check out if you like that kinda stuff. Love y'all, I'll try to update more than once every three months <3333