1. Begin From the end

"The stories they sing about the demon with black horns: the epitome of evil are all lies,and if the evil they mention, does so exist, it resides in the hearts of you and me."-

"Elira?" The chestnut-haired woman called for her daughter as she locked the door behind her. "Mother!" A soft voice yelled; eager steps were heard one after another before a little girl was seen running down the small gallery, her hair tied in a messy, untidy braid.

Edeline smiled opening her arms for her kid. "Oh, my-" She gasped when the little girl hugs her thighs. Her arms wrapped around her head as she smiled. "Mumma, I missed you so~ much!" The child speaks enthusiastically. Edeline smiled, "Aw honey~ I did too..."

She smiled, picking her up in her arms. Elira fiddles with her hair, similar to her mother's. "Mum! Do you see my hair? I made it!" She sheepishly smiled her arms wrapping around Edeline's neck.

Edeline laughed. "Oh~ It's so pretty~" She sang as she walked into the small kitchen. "Mumma, how was your day?" Edeline hummed, "It was fine, my love."

"Elira? It doesn't get lonely for you? right? I mean at home alone-" Elira shook her head as she beamed. "No! Violet keeps me company! Oh- Where is he? Wait Mumma he's asleep, I'll get him!" Elira wiggled out of her mother's grip as she let the green-eyed child on the floor, "Elira, let him be, let him get some-"

Her voice was abruptly cut; Elira, too involved in finding her dog, ignored it and ran into their room. Her cheerful smile dropped when a disgusting smell hit her nose. Her eyes immediately went to her messy bedsheet, a soaking red liquid all over the beige sheets.

All the sounds around went silent. Each step closer to her bed increased her heartbeat by a fold. Her fingers softly gripped the fabric of her duvet as she ripped it off in a flash. The bloody image of her beautiful dog flashed her innocent eyes, his heart ripped out and eyes staring into sheer nothingness.

A heartwrenching screeching scream escaped her throat-

"Mother!" she screamed, throwing away the duvet in a panic. She found herself on the same bed where she had seen her dog. Her heart raced against her ribcage. She quickly stood up and frantically pulled off all the sheets, her eyes brimming with tears as she searched for traces of blood. Frustration mounted, and she screamed, her face turning red with anguish. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she collapsed to the floor, her knees buckling beneath her. She buried her hot face in her hands and cried, her sobs echoing through the room as she released the torrent of emotions pent up inside her.

It's the same nightmare, a new date, and no solution. Her life was a curse.

Walking out of her house and into the town that despised her very existence was another burden, but one she had grown accustomed to. She locked the door behind her, adjusted her corset and skirt, and picked up her basket. It was a fifteen-minute walk from her doorstep to Kim's.

With hatred-filled eyes glaring at her every second, those fifteen minutes felt like fifteen days. Not that she cared; she had stopped caring years ago.

"The witch's blood!"
"Her entire family was cursed!"
"Murderer!"

She still needed food, though. She sucked in her breath and mentally prepared herself to face the inevitable hostility. "Excuse me? Fourteen mini pretzels and one bagel, please," she said as politely as she could, earning a disdainful look from the lady inside the store. The woman pushed a bagel towards her from the counter. "I'll be back with the pretzels," she said before disappearing into the back of the store.